BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: TOYS FOR TOTS RIDE SATURDAY 12 15 2012  (Read 1081 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
TOYS FOR TOTS RIDE SATURDAY 12 15 2012
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
Attention all Jeepers...

The plans for the Toys for Tots ride have been finalized and everything has been set in motion for a successful event.

We are asking that everyone show up at the Beef O' Brady's in Jefferson, GA by 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 15th, 2012 for instructions and staging... The first 50 drivers at Beef O' Brady's will recieve a free t-shirt that were made specifically to
represent this event. Please don't forget to bring a new unwrapped toy.

Also... if anyone wants to show up at Beef O' Brady's between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. they serve free pancakes to everyone on Saturdays. It is sponsored by one of our local churches.

I would like to mention some of what we will be discussing for staging the Jeeps...

Please fill your tank before getting in line... Maintain a single file line at all times... Keep the seperation between vehicles to a safe minimum (Keep it tight)... Drive with your headlights on... If you have a problem with your Jeep please use your flashers and pull to the shoulder... If someone in front of you has a problem with their Jeep please pull over to the shoulder with them to assist if you can... (Hey Rob... Ya may want to bring an extra radiator and fan... just kidding)

We will travel Hwy 129 from Beef O' Brady's to Hawthorne Ave in Athens, from there we will travel to Hwy 78 which will lead us to Athens Dodge Jeep. We aren't running a marathon so don't expect to break any speed records getting there. It is my understanding we will have a couple of Willie's Jeeps leading the pack with a top speed of around 50 mph and that's downhill with a 60 mph tailwind.

We have 4 Police Departments involved in blocking intersections so our group can stay together... I hope the officers pack a lunch cause we have alot of Jeeps that will be holding up traffic... I would just like to say thanks in advance to the City of Jefferson Police Department for getting us out of the parking lot and through the intersection at Hwy 11, Thanks to Jackson County Sheriff's Office for getting us to the Athens/Clarke County line, Thanks to Athens/Clarke County for getting us to the dealership and last but not least, Thanks to the Georgia State Patrol for hanging with us the entire route... We are very thankful that all of these departments offered their services willingly to our group free of charge. I would also like to thank each of the officers for their time and to let them know we appreciate what they do.

Once at the dealership we will stage the Jeeps in the parking area provided. Our group will then be greeted by the United States Marine Corps and they will collect the toys that we provide.. Then we can enjoy some music, as well as food and drinks all provided by Athens Dodge Jeep. There will be a raffle and drawings for prizes.

A side note: One of our regulars at the Stockers to Lockers Jeep Night has offered to host a bonfire at their farm in Statham after the event at the dealership. We will provide details while we are at the dealership.. Thanks Fred and Helga... Well... Thanks Fred... Thanks Helga for not killing Fred for making the offer... lol I'm sure there's plenty of room on the 53 acres for all of the Jeeps...

Thanks again to everyone for helping make this event a success... We really appreciate all of you. I have met alot of truly awesome people over the past year and few months since Derek and I founded Stockers to Lockers Jeep Group that I'm very proud to call my friends.

We look forward to seeing all of the familiar faces as well as getting to know the new ones...

Please feel free to foward this to anyone that might be interested in making the ride. You do not have to be affiliated with our group to come and enjoy this event or any other event or ride we sponsor for that matter. The only thing that we require is that you love Jeeps...

Please feel free to contact us if you'd like more details about this ride or would simply like more information about our rapidly growing Jeep Group.

p.s. There is one thing we need volunteers for if anyone is interested... We need some people to take videos and pictures... Before, during and after this event. We would like to have a few people posted along the route to take some videos of the Jeep Train... It should be pretty impressive... I am also going to make a phone call to see if I can get video and pics from the air...

Thanks again,

Todd Stopher
Stockers to Lockers Jeep Night Group

Ph. 706-988-4166

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
Re: TOYS FOR TOTS RIDE SATURDAY 12 15 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
The local church is called corner-stone, and they serve the free pancakes for anyone who would like them but mainly for the people who can't afford them
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: TOYS FOR TOTS RIDE SATURDAY 12 15 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:26 AM »
I cant make this event guys.  sorry!.   to many family in town, i barely have time to breath.    sounds like fun, wish i was there.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM