BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• N. GA. TRAIL RIDE AND DINNER: January 26, 2013

Author Topic: JAN 26TH : N. GA. TRAIL RIDE AND DINNER IN HELEN GA : DISCUSSION  (Read 41434 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Re: JAN 26TH : N. GA. TRAIL RIDE AND DINNER IN HELEN GA : DISCUSSION
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »
Weather is much better today!  Grabbing breakfast and heading that way

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

ugafanforlife

Re: JAN 26TH : N. GA. TRAIL RIDE AND DINNER IN HELEN GA : DISCUSSION
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09:31 AM »
We are all getting ready to leave the cabin and head into town.  Eating some grub first.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »
At Pauls for Steak. 

Just got a message from Mike.  How did u get seperated?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »

Offline mjodie

• Visitor
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »
Just got a message from Mike.  How did u get seperated?

Small group of us (5-7 rigs) stopped at bathroom rest area on 75.  I was in rear of group heading out of parking lot and had a problem with my rig getting back into 2wd. Delayed me for about 20 seconds.  Raced out and only had Adam in my sight.  For some reason Adam made a u-turn but waved us to keep going forward.  We couldn't see anyone in front of us and had no idea if the group turned on an access road or anything.  We were trying to hail anyone on CB channel 7 but no response as range and interference was not ideal (and obviously cell phone coverage sucked as well..).  We searched for about 40 minutes around Lake Burton because we heard that was the possible destination before giving up and heading home.  Suffice to say we were quite bummed and disappointed to not been able to finish the ride.  For the future, I think it would be very helpful if we had an actual driver's meeting where it could be detailed a bit where certain destinations are just in case someone gets separated from the main group.  Being that there are a lot of families with kids/females that need to make frequent pit-stops, we can't rely on just keeping up with the guy in front of us.

Mirage

« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2013, 09:48:04 AM »
Yep we got lost also and just decided to head back to Helen but ohhh well we still enjoyed it and nice to meet everyone it just sucked to not be able to finish

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2013, 10:11:45 AM »
Sorry we lost you guys. We waited for you to carch up.  I know Ben waited and saw you pull out of the pit stop before he came on up with the others to where we were a few miles up the road at Bethel church where we stopped to wait on those of u that stopped.  I dont think you could have driven by us but I guess you might have.   We relayed back to Ben on the cb where we were stopping so everyone could hear.  We waited about 15 mins and then headed onto the end and made a left and went up the west side of Burton and then west to our next forest service road.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
Yes, we should have had a drivers meeting to fill us in on a few details. Yes, a few more pit stops would have been good for those with little ones as well. We will surely discuss and make improvements on the next ride. I know the ones at the back of the heard always have the roughest time. Like lunch. By the time I got there, we were ready to roll within 15 minutes. We will surely be less schedule oriented and keep a watch out for the family groups. Thank you for the input!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
Oh and Bell Mtn as well. I got to the top, parked and Doug was ready to roll out. Ryan, Dawn and I stayed on bell, watched the sunset, moonrise and had a nice fire. Much better than sitting in a restraunt, but that is just my opinion ;)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: JAN 26TH : N. GA. TRAIL RIDE AND DINNER IN HELEN GA : DISCUSSION
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
Oh and Bell Mtn as well. I got to the top, parked and Doug was ready to roll out. Ryan, Dawn and I stayed on bell, watched the sunset, moonrise and had a nice fire. Much better than sitting in a restraunt, but that is just my opinion ;)

That was always the plan except we were running late.  Glad uguys had a nice fire.

The staff at Pauls Steakhouse were awesome and had tables set up for us weary travelers after a long day and everyone at our table had an excellent meal.  Hope everyone else did too!

onlygoon

« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
I hated I missed this one thanks to bobby and Ryan for calling me found out they found some spots in my brain and hope that the surgery will turn out nothing serious but hope to see u guys out at Morris and Ben we need to grab a beer an sit around a fire soon man when I am at my parents I will s there after surgey laid up so we can hang ha ha boy those pics look good really hate that I missed it. !!!!!!!

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
I hated I missed this one thanks to bobby and Ryan for calling me found out they found some spots in my brain and hope that the surgery will turn out nothing serious but hope to see u guys out at Morris and Ben we need to grab a beer an sit around a fire soon man when I am at my parents I will s there after surgey laid up so we can hang ha ha boy those pics look good really hate that I missed it. !!!!!!!

David once again Sorry and our prayers are with you and hope all comes out perfect. Keep us in the loop.
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM