BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Membership Questions? Post them here.  (Read 43727 times)

onlygoon

Re: 2013 Membership Questions? Post them here.
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
Thank you I have learned so much

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
We try guys! Always looking forward and trying to improve the experience for everyone. We are gonna have a great 2013!
I've grown tired of this.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
5) As a CORE member, I would like to see a CORE ride to Windrock. I was scheduled to go on the last CORE ride there last month but had come crap come up again and had to bail.
6) This is just a suggestion, it sounds like Windrock is the ride that has everybody's panties in a wad.  Maybe that can be a CORE & COREX ride on the same weekend. We could separate in the day and booze it up at night.

With all that said.... y'all rock  </ROCKIN/> and I am happy to be here as a CORE or CoreX if selected. 

{cheers2}

Thanks AJ.  We hear you and the others loud and clear.  Part of our discussion today. 

No, THANK YOU!! Something I forgot to say. You guys, sometimes, have a thankless job. Y'all don't get paid to put up with everyones  BS and listen to people bitch and complain. You guys don't get paid to moderate the forum and keep it up and running. Hell, you guys don't get paid and you still give all this to us. So for all that...  I Thank You!

Well said AJ. I always enjoy myself with this group! Thanks for everything you guys do to keep this club active.

I also think core/coreX rides are a great idea. Split up for wheeling, get together for drinks, camping, and night rides in the evening.
Jay

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
"I also think core/coreX rides are a great idea. Split up for wheeling, get together for drinks, camping, and night rides in the evening."

Thats really how it's been all the time on the Core rides.
Then you would start having Core mixing in with CoreX and
you would be back to where they where. That would defeat
what there trying to do for that 1 or 2 trail rides a year.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 06:35:22 AM »
Been keeping quiet for a few days now observing where this is going. I do like the idea of the "X" as it was kinda what we were doing already anyway as far as splitting up the group. Perfect example was Gulches. So it really just kinda puts a name to what we already do anyway.

I don't want to sound like a 1/2 ass, but personally I don't care 1 way or the other about this CORE X thing much less being "selected" for it. 3 reasons:

1) I don't need a tag under my screen name to completely enjoy every bit of our rides. Or hanging' the friends I have here. I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing, that is to continue to build, continue to wheel, continue to develop skills, and continue to make Kent and Pops laugh their asses off with David around the fire talking about Goats.  </LMAO/>

2) I have already proved myself to, hell 90% of the club that I am a very capable driver, with a vary capable rig even if slightly less built than others. And I don't need no little X title to make it so. If the guys want me to lead, I'll lead. If someone needs a spot, I'll spot. Someone needs a little tug, I'll tug. I don't mind doing any of that for anyone. It's all part of wheeln' IMO. Just like getting the rig muddy. Sure I hate having to clean it off, but if I let mud keep me from wheeln' well.... LOL you know.

3) Finally, truth be told, I know I'm not going to be around for ever. Given the nature of my job, I'm most likely going to be leaving in a few years anyway. That said, my ultimate goal is to leave this club better than I found it. Because this club will be leaving me better than when I first got here. And you all better believe that even though I'll be somewhere else, I WILL stay in touch. Depending on where I end up, I mite even host a GATR ride for you guys or something once a year. But that's way down the road and I don't like to think that far ahead. That's my wife's job.  ;D

Bottom line is GATR is one of things that evolves constantly. As a loyal member I believe I should let it evolve, and not worry about it unless I see it going down the wrong path. Then I mite pipe in and really protest some of the decisions. Either way, whatever you guys want to do I'm down with. Not like it's going to make my tires go flat or anything.. heh heh

Besides, its about time you "Staff" guys did something worth while.  </LMAO/>  Jk  :smoke
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »
Been keeping quiet for a few days now observing where this is going. I do like the idea of the "X" as it was kinda what we were doing already anyway as far as splitting up the group. Perfect example was Gulches. So it really just kinda puts a name to what we already do anyway.

I don't want to sound like a 1/2 ass, but personally I don't care 1 way or the other about this CORE X thing much less being "selected" for it. 3 reasons:

1) I don't need a tag under my screen name to completely enjoy every bit of our rides. Or hanging' the friends I have here. I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing, that is to continue to build, continue to wheel, continue to develop skills, and continue to make Kent and Pops laugh their asses off with David around the fire talking about Goats.  </LMAO/>

2) I have already proved myself to, hell 90% of the club that I am a very capable driver, with a vary capable rig even if slightly less built than others. And I don't need no little X title to make it so. If the guys want me to lead, I'll lead. If someone needs a spot, I'll spot. Someone needs a little tug, I'll tug. I don't mind doing any of that for anyone. It's all part of wheeln' IMO. Just like getting the rig muddy. Sure I hate having to clean it off, but if I let mud keep me from wheeln' well.... LOL you know.

3) Finally, truth be told, I know I'm not going to be around for ever. Given the nature of my job, I'm most likely going to be leaving in a few years anyway. That said, my ultimate goal is to leave this club better than I found it. Because this club will be leaving me better than when I first got here. And you all better believe that even though I'll be somewhere else, I WILL stay in touch. Depending on where I end up, I mite even host a GATR ride for you guys or something once a year. But that's way down the road and I don't like to think that far ahead. That's my wife's job.  ;D

Bottom line is GATR is one of things that evolves constantly. As a loyal member I believe I should let it evolve, and not worry about it unless I see it going down the wrong path. Then I mite pipe in and really protest some of the decisions. Either way, whatever you guys want to do I'm do {agree}wn with. Not like it's going to make my tires go flat or anything.. heh heh

Besides, its about time you "Staff" guys did something worth while.  </LMAO/>  Jk  :smoke

well said.    {agree}

but some times your not just 1/2 ass.   </LMAO/>  just sayen.       {popcorn}  JK   

i followed you for like 2 hr at windrock when u went to get gas.   while we where trying to regroup.  if nothing else
i learned, u can lead, we only turned around 2 times, .   you gave a whole new meaning to.  "No Roads, No Problem!"    {first} {10}
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »
LOL!! Thanks Kent.
I don't know why my guage didn't read accuratly most of the day, then all of a sudden dropped like that. Had I known I was that low on fuel I woulda' topped off that morning. Oh well, we still had a lot of fun.  </ROCKIN/>
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »
LOL!! Thanks Kent.
I don't know why my guage didn't read accuratly most of the day, then all of a sudden dropped like that. Had I known I was that low on fuel I woulda' topped off that morning. Oh well, we still had a lot of fun.  </ROCKIN/>

well fyi, i now keep a 3 foot long hose on my rig because of that.  never know when gas can be an issue.  :)  it was fun, and i did get to see alot of windrock i was not expecting. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BigJerm

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
"I also think core/coreX rides are a great idea. Split up for wheeling, get together for drinks, camping, and night rides in the evening."

I dont think so. We use to do this every ride well before any CORE. Sometimes we would ride as a group in the morning, have lunch and split rest of the day. Always made sure there was a winch in the little group and had a rough idea of each groups plan. We did this the trip before last at Harlan when CORE first started where I led the smaller group for half a day and it worked great. Its just a matter of people wanting to split but not wanting to hurt someones feelings by saying "hey man, you dont need to be in this group for this ride, its too much for your rig/skill."

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »

I dont think so. We use to do this every ride well before any CORE. Sometimes we would ride as a group in the morning, have lunch and split rest of the day. Always made sure there was a winch in the little group and had a rough idea of each groups plan. We did this the trip before
last at Harlan when CORE first started where I led the smaller group for half a day and it worked great. Its just a matter of people wanting to split but not wanting to hurt someones feelings by saying "hey man, you dont need to be in this group for this ride, its too much for your rig/skill."
Thats what I meant....that is the way we always rode. Split up for the
heavy duty guys then have another group for lesser rigs. I always thought
it work good also. Then that was the whole reason I thought for Core to
begin was nobody wanted to hurt our feelings and say you shouldn't ride
with this group. Now it appears they want to try again to have some
"Hard Core" rides for the hard core guys only.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:00:09 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
The more I remember it was the Tier Levels.....
Tier level 3 is what the CoreX is basically now

"We are going to have a few Tier3 rides a year,
that will be some what fast paced, lockers needed,
and possibly body damage involved"

Was a Quote back when all the arguing happened before.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BigJerm

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
lol good call Kev. I forgot about the tier system. I guess just mis-read your post, sounds like we are on the same page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM