BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Membership Questions? Post them here.  (Read 43631 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: 2013 Membership Questions? Post them here.
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
 {salute}
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
My take FWIW:

Most of the places we ride have trails for everybody and/or bypasses.  Parks like Gulches, Choccolocco, and MM make it very easy for either splitting up a larger group or letting different rigs try different lines.   I think lots of people like watching bigger rigs try the harder stuff.

Even at Harlan it's quite feasible to combine the tier2 and 3 rigs in most places as far as I know.  Windrock would be similar depending on the trails being attempted.

The exception is Moab, where those of us who want to do harder trails should not want to risk a near-stock vehicle going along.  That said, there's no reason why smaller rigs couldn't do their own rides on the moderate trails and socialize at night.  My feeling is that for the harder Moab trails, the minimum vehicle requirement is 35s, 2 lockers, and winch, plus some experience wheeling. 
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
My take FWIW:

Most of the places we ride have trails for everybody and/or bypasses.  Parks like Gulches, Choccolocco, and MM make it very easy for either splitting up a larger group or letting different rigs try different lines.   I think lots of people like watching bigger rigs try the harder stuff.

Even at Harlan it's quite feasible to combine the tier2 and 3 rigs in most places as far as I know.  Windrock would be similar depending on the trails being attempted.

The exception is Moab, where those of us who want to do harder trails should not want to risk a near-stock vehicle going along.  That said, there's no reason why smaller rigs couldn't do their own rides on the moderate trails and socialize at night.  My feeling is that for the harder Moab trails, the minimum vehicle requirement is 35s, 2 lockers, and winch, plus some experience wheeling. 

I have seen plenty of feedback where people can do a lot on 33's. Mind you they have 2 lockers and a lot of this comes from the rubicon owners forum.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2012, 07:50:47 PM »
I will chime in on Moab and what I think you need... A stock rig can do alot out there with a good set of tires. It is very sticky rock. The part that is hard is dealing with situations that do not happen here in the south. Traction, way off camber situations and extreme ledges and climbs. I did every extreme trail on 33's and 2 lockers with my old 30/ 35 combo. It can be done with great driving skill. I do not suggest someone going out there with minimal exp at all! You can have a bad a rig with no exp and get schooled by someone with a street rig! This is a ride for serious wheelers. Not a place to go 1800 miles and get totally freaked out on the first big obsticle in pritchetts canyon! There is no way around or out once you are in. But I hear alot of bashing about X and all I can say is that we heard the same thing about core when we made it. You either adapt and grow or whine and move on to "greener" pastures.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: 2013 Membership Questions? Post them here.
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
Pritchetts has gone up at least 2 levels.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
So that means Iight pucker next time?! Ha ha. Best trail in the country that I have seen! Scenery, obsticles.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
I think I enjoyed a trip up the bus and down guardrail just as much and it was so close.  I sure miss T.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »
Oh don't remind me. That trail was amazing. Had you puckered the last trip up... Old fart ha ha!!

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »
I think I enjoyed a trip up the bus and down guardrail just as much and it was so close.  I sure miss T.

I was doing some reading the other day and read of some stuff near moab that made JV look wimpy. Know anything about the area? Just pulling up to some of the stuff was a bit fun.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »

I was doing some reading the other day and read of some stuff near moab that made JV look wimpy. Know anything about the area? Just pulling up to some of the stuff was a bit fun.

Oh yeah.  Just google BFE britney Spears!

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2012, 05:58:08 AM »
Just an idea.

have u guys thought about having some of the more skilled to take up a "mentor" type position for those of us that are less skilled.   not sure how it would work or if it would, but just an idea
of a way to allow maybe core-x guys a way of passing on their skills?

anyway, maybe its stupid.   just trying to share ideas.   

also, i found/find it really helpful when more skilled ppl ride with me, or me with them on rides.   i enjoyed the several times i have ridden with most of you guys, learned alot.   and i know
its been stated here.  watch better drivers on harder runs, see how they approach things, watch and listen to the spoter... i have found out   a good spoter is priceless, even to a skilled
driver, it takes someone like me and makes them appear like they know what they are doing..  </LMAO/>
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »

I've read that there are trails in Farmington, NM that are really tough.  Seen a few videos too.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM