BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Membership Questions? Post them here.  (Read 43654 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: 2013 Membership Questions? Post them here.
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »
Try to imagine that you take 2 days off from work and travel 300+ miles to ride at a new park. You do an open invite and you get one guy in a stock JK on street tires and 6 guys with much more built jeeps, skills, experience, etc. Is it fair to the those 6 guys to do easy trails all day or spend most of their time winching the one jeep? Is it fair to the one guy to be left alone to do some trails by himself or beat his jeep up trying to follow on hard trails? No its not fair to either party that spent all that money and time getting to the park. CORE-X is the solution that we have came up with to prevent this from happening. This is to provide maximum trail time for the guys that are really serious about this hobby.

If your an occasional wheeler then CORE would better suit your needs. Those rides will be larger and will be better suited to accomodate all levels of experience and builds.

If your new to the sport all together and dont know what direction you want to go, then the open rides are where you need to start.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
Mmm..  Matt did a good job of explaining some things.    {agree}
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

onlygoon

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »
But still doesn't answer the fact of staff members have to invite them to the rides?? Either way I am good I enjoy what we do as a club. And I enjoy our rides I wasn't sure how a staff member was gonna choose is all what will be basis for them to decide when one can move up to the X group. I have read the guidelines I am not trying to sound whiny but just wondering all.

onlygoon

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
And I totally agree with Matt

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
Kinda sounds to me like it will turn in to
just a group of friends only. Oh well. Southern
tried that and look how it turned out.

This is no SJ.

Everything as far as the club and Core have stayed the same. We want to encourage our members to get more experience, join more rides, and be as active in the club as possible. X is for the most experienced members to go on a few rides that others probably will not be interested in (for example Moab).  

Our 2013 schedule looks pretty awesome so far! Can't wait for the Jan ride personally!!  {cheers2}

Exactly. We are not taking away from CORE at all to provide the CORE X experience. This is just adding more to what we already offer. This club is active and offers lots of rides for ever skill level, this is what makes us stand apart from the others. We want people to get the most out of their experience regardless of how you enjoy the sport.

Well said Matt
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
   Hey my take on the Core X is this........
I've been around Matt, Ben, Doug, Tony and some of the
others for about 3 years.I've seen their rigs grow and as
they seen mine. We all went from open/open and struggling
to locked/locked, and trying shit that is crazy. There is a
difference and a trust and knowledge of each other that came
through all those trail rides.
   I hadn't been on many rides with GATR this year but I could tell
at GATR fest there was a lot of new members which is great but you
have to learn them and they have to gain the Core members trust.
When we travel say like Kentucky and do dome of those trails....well
you want people that you know and trust. 
  It's something that all of those names mention went through. I was
and still are humbled by some of those guys driving skill. 
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

onlygoon

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »
I agree now it makes sense I have learned a lot for Ben and Danny and this whole group and slowly growing as well

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
If this sport is for you and you plan to do it alot, CORE X should come naturally. Dont be afraid to get dirty on some rides. If your not sure how to repair something on the trail, we encourage you to come help out and learn. Watch a spotter, see what he/she is looking for. Help out in recoveries, ride along with someone that has more experience or a larger rig. We all started at zero and have plenty to learn from each other. This is definitely not meant to be exclusive, but something that is earned. In a time where everything can be bought or is expected to be given out, its nice to get something for your dedication, experience, leadership, advice, mechanical knowledge, etc.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
Kinda sounds like what the original idea of CORE was before the idea of paying for it. A tight knit group of guys on bigger rides with rigs and skills that wouldnt hold up everyone. Then it became a status for anyone who paid into it.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »
Kinda sounds like what the original idea of CORE was before the idea of paying for it. A tight knit group of guys on bigger rides with rigs and skills that wouldnt hold up everyone. Then it became a status for anyone who paid into it.

I think CORE has definitely shaped this club into who is serious about riding and the ones that just like to lurk. There are alot of people that are serious and enjoy the CORE experience and have shaped that into what it is (maybe not what we originally thought it would be). CORE X is gonna hone that experience for the next level of guys/gals, without taking away from CORE.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline unwantedstray

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
How will you handle CORE members who want to go on a CORE X ride? For instance; I may not make many rides a year, but when I do I want to make the big ones, Harlan, Windrock, and such. If I am not able to attend the majority of the rides, but have the skill and rig to enjoy the CORE X rides am I not able to go?
Zack Gilbert
2005 Rubicon "Agent Orange"

Online bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »
How will you handle CORE members who want to go on a CORE X ride? For instance; I may not make many rides a year, but when I do I want to make the big ones, Harlan, Windrock, and such. If I am not able to attend the majority of the rides, but have the skill and rig to enjoy the CORE X rides am I not able to go?

Exactly what I am saying. I may not make many rides.
But I have a rig that is capable. But I will not be able to attend
unless I am invited!! This is right? Or am I misunderstanding?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:38:48 AM by bjeep »
Marty

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM