BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Membership Questions? Post them here.  (Read 43718 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: 2013 Membership Questions? Post them here.
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
I don't think there should be a skill level set. That's ridiculous. How else do you expect people to learn. If your not willing to help people out and learn then the off-road community isn't for you. The off-road community helps one another and teaches one another. If you want a buggy roll out (which very very few have them, then send a freaking pm). Don't exclude someone because they don't have an "x". No one on her knew everything about wheeling or wrench turning but where taught over time.
I know toward summer there is a Moab ride and it's not posted that I saw. Moab is not some "x" skill set. I have heard of stock jeeps doing a lot of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What would be ridiculous is having a stock jeeper with little experience follow some experienced guys through Lions Den or the Gauntlet or up School Bus or put them on RBD, etc. The only thing he/she will learn is that the whole trip was a mistake, and will most likely not attend another event.

We expect people to learn on the open rides, and if they feel confident enough, then join CORE and really get out there and explore what the club has to offer. We don't expect anyone to learn on a ride that is way over their head or their rigs capabilities, that is just ignorant.

I advise you to get to know more about this club and its history. Come on some rides with us before you tell us what doesn't work here or what you perceive to be the attitude of the club. This club has levels developed to grow the drivers and their abilities. As they grow there are opportunities to get more involved within the club. We are far from exclusive and offer the most diverse experiences over any other club in the South. The other clubs have failed because they do not offer a well balanced experience for all types of riders and they are not active.  {cheers2}

</BEER/>
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
I don't think there should be a skill level set. That's ridiculous. How else do you expect people to learn. If your not willing to help people out and learn then the off-road community isn't for you. The off-road community helps one another and teaches one another. If you want a buggy roll out (which very very few have them, then send a freaking pm). Don't exclude someone because they don't have an "x". No one on her knew everything about wheeling or wrench turning but where taught over time.
I know toward summer there is a Moab ride and it's not posted that I saw. Moab is not some "x" skill set. I have heard of stock jeeps doing a lot of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What would be ridiculous is having a stock jeeper with little experience follow some experienced guys through Lions Den or the Gauntlet or up School Bus or put them on RBD, etc. The only thing he/she will learn is that the whole trip was a mistake, and will most likely not attend another event.

We expect people to learn on the open rides, and if they feel confident enough, then join CORE and really get out there and explore what the club has to offer. We don't expect anyone to learn on a ride that is way over their head or their rigs capabilities, that is just ignorant.

I advise you to get to know more about this club and its history. Come on some rides with us before you tell us what doesn't work here or what you perceive to be the attitude of the club. This club has levels developed to grow the drivers and their abilities. As they grow there are opportunities to get more involved within the club. We are far from exclusive and offer the most diverse experiences over any other club in the South. The other clubs have failed because they do not offer a well balanced experience for all types of riders and they are not active.  {cheers2}

</BEER/>

X2  </BEER/> </BEER/>

There really is nothing to complain about unless you were planning to make the Moab Utah trip and you feel like your not invited now.

I am personally looking forward to the Core rides!! They were a blast this past year!! Especially the Fathers day ride {cheers2}
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

onlygoon

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
Always a good time.

Offline hox

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
i can understand both of the sides point of view ppl want to go on the hard stuff but also it is a matter of a safety concern at the same time it the same reason the club doesn't want ppl to drink on the rides there is events i could go on but it isnt really suited towards what my rig is built for. the other huge thing is there are ppl who dont no there rigs the way they should which will cause panic in those moment when u will need to know what to do that is just seat time at all the other events getting more comfortable to your rig n knowing what is goin to do. n then there is also the mechanical side u need to no ur rig n be capable of fixing the problems. sure there are others there that r down to help you thats what the sport is all about a group of ppl that r doing there passion n will help each other when it is needed. but u still need to know your own rig better than most

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
i can understand both of the sides point of view ppl want to go on the hard stuff but also it is a matter of a safety concern at the same time it the same reason the club doesn't want ppl to drink on the rides there is events i could go on but it isnt really suited towards what my rig is built for. the other huge thing is there are ppl who dont no there rigs the way they should which will cause panic in those moment when u will need to know what to do that is just seat time at all the other events getting more comfortable to your rig n knowing what is goin to do. n then there is also the mechanical side u need to no ur rig n be capable of fixing the problems. sure there are others there that r down to help you thats what the sport is all about a group of ppl that r doing there passion n will help each other when it is needed. but u still need to know your own rig better than most

//LIKEBUTTON//

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
 {popcorn}
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »
I am sorry but I am going to hurt some feelings right now.
If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me "I can drive my open/open rig any where you can go" I would be driving a Coleworx buggy.
It is just stupid to think that a diving skill can make up all the difference for lockers front and rear, huge/sticky tires, crawl ratio, a well setup supension system and Horse power.

Please consider your fellow wheeling buddies and make sure if your following the big rigs or guys with no brains and lots of body damage and ask yourself before you go "will I hold this group up?" "will they have to drag me out of the holes and up the hills?"

I DO NOT CONSIDER myself an awesome, great or even above average driver.
I have and do ride with everybody and never tell anybody no.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »
Larry, you are my idol!  ;D I am looking forward to the day we can ride 1 time and not have to haul your butt out of trouble!  </LMAO/> We love ya Larry!

Offline hox

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
that is so true larry

onlygoon

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
I am with Larry being I am open open I think that I know my rig and I dot hole people up on the trail but I will just continue wheeling learning more and still building my rig I love what I do and I enjoy what this club stands for I have learned so much and met some really good drivers and teachers in the mix good group of guys and friends and that I enjoy ha gin out with at the end of the day.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »
Larry, you are my idol!  ;D I am looking forward to the day we can ride 1 time and not have to haul your butt out of trouble!  </LMAO/> We love ya Larry!

//MASTERPIECE//

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
I appreciate everyone's view and comments.  It's all good and I hope everyone see's it that way. 

This is the rationale behind CORE-X, and why we believe CORE-X is a good idea for GATR.

Some don’t really know that any work goes on, but GATR Staff does more than set up trail rides and read the forums.  We care about the club, and its members.  We are focused on:
- Growing club membership,
- Bringing more people to off-roading,
- Educating folks on the right places to ride and how to Tread Lightly,
- Having great social events for the families and spouses,
- Having a forum for helping any that want to take it to the next level in knowledge, experience, and rig modifications,
- Organizing and leading meaningful and safe trail rides,
- And providing the right package of events for our members.

GATR is growing, and we have an awesome group of folks that participate on our rides.  To accomplish the “growing, more off-roaders, and meaningful and safe off-road portion”, we realize that the same experience cannot be had by a stock Sahara and a locked Rubicon on 37’s on the same trail.  (Yes, I know, driver is huge)  Yet we DO mix all the rigs, stock and wild, at every ride so we can include everyone.  After the ride we hear about wasting our time on lame trails and questions about “why didn’t we hit the rocks sooner and harder?”.  All this knowing that we didn’t hit the hardest trails and the stock rigs had a blast an can’t wait to come back.  We can’t lead a stock Sahara with factory side steps on a trail that has 7-9 difficulty with 4’ ledge after 4’ ledge requiring very aggressive driving for an open rig and not expect the Dana 30 or something else to go, as well as having to stop at every obstacle the locked rigs drive up, and spot and/or winch up the unlocked rigs.  Yes, we do these things at every ride, and we are happy to help everyone!  We will continue to do this at OPEN and CORE rides. 

Once we note how important it is as a club to provide a great experience for every level, we must realize that we need more trail leaders that are ready, willing, and able to lead groups on our rides.  To find those that are capable leaders, we must identify the skill set and equipment required and recognize who they are, even though all will not choose to lead.  Some will chose to lead and serve, and are the perfect CORE-X member. We want capable leaders that can help everyone behind them.

CORE-X is not a higher level of anything except SERVICE.  The higher level means that you have MORE RESPONSIBILITY to the levels beneath you to the stockest stocker newb we have, to help, lead, spot, advise, etc.  CORE-X is for those that want to lead, and have the ability. It's about personal capabilities and having the right equipment.  CORE-X is a way to recognize the individual members that show a commitment to the sport and have the experience and equipment to lead.  CORE-X is not based on friendships and likeability; a point that Staff has discussed and all agree on. 

Some don’t realize that all of our staff members ride some trails that are not very challenging, to LEAD OTHERS that may be on their first ride, may be scared, and may find it fun and challenging.  We don’t take the trail organizing and leading lightly.  It takes time and commitment, and service to the club and it’s members.  Everyone of us spends HARD EARNED money to go ride, and we all want the same challenges, but on a GATR ride we are committed to leading and helping others.  CORE-X has 2, only 2, rides next year for the more built rigs and experienced wheelers to ride more trails and have an experience like the stockers did on the trails that were challenging for them.   Seems fair but always looking to improve everything.

Some of you have not had your first trail break yet.  Drop a driveshaft, break an axle, rip out a joint, cut a tire, bust a hose, break a ring and pinion, etc.  If you continue to wheel, it will happen.    We will be there to help you.

So please don't think we are following where other clubs have gone, or making an elite group of friends.  We want the club to grow, and we need experienced and capable leaders, and want to recognize them as such.   

We hear what you are saying and I believe we can make it even better from your comments. 

So I expect you all at every ride in 2013!   </BEER/>

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM