BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Have a laugh on my dumbassery...  (Read 192 times)

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Have a laugh on my dumbassery...
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
So I was informed that my head was cracked, or my headgasket was bad. So I ordered up a head from clearwater cyl head and went to work. My "mechanic" said I must have a crack leaking coolant into the oil. I did have some white mayonnaise on the fill cap. Well I got everything apart and everything looked good. While I was trying to figure out what I should do, my wife was pulling
out the carpet to clean. She found a reciept fro the
 Odessa cyl head from about 2 months ago, and a mechanic bill for labor. At this point I was like you've got to be kidding me. So I took my head to have it checked, and its all good.

So aparently the white in the oil was left over coolant in the oil. The coolant dissapearing was air in the system. How likely is this? Also the slight miss at idle was from bosch platinum +4's. I put in champion truck plugs and she runs perfect. So basically I spent 140 for a head gasket kit, and 425 for the head, and another 120 for tools.

Luckily they said I can return the head for a refund. Anyone else done some dumb stuff like that before?:I'm so glad I decided to do the labor myself!!! On a good note I got my rc bb installed
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: Have a laugh on my dumbassery...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
Glad it worked out for ya after all.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Have a laugh on my dumbassery...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
Glad you got it figured out. At least your able to return the items.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Alex

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Re: Have a laugh on my dumbassery...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »
Yea, glad to finally know that it runs tip top and nothing.major wrong
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM