BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Slingbox.  (Read 188 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Slingbox.
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
well got it up and running, inside and outside firewall.    amazing.  watched it on my phone, at work on PC, tablet.  waaaaa  cool.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Slingbox.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »
That's so cool!  Been wanting to get a slingbox for a while now
Jay

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Re: Slingbox.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:44:44 PM »
Is that where you can watch your home tv from anywhere?  Does it do anything else?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Re: Slingbox.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 05:58:25 AM »
Is that where you can watch your home tv from anywhere?  Does it do anything else?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

yes..   it actaully controls the DVR or Controller that you have hooked up to your TV.   if you have a PC u need a slingbox account.  (free) associated with an email address.  you can also assign guests that
can watch.   its pretty cool.    we got it for when we travel, if we are stuck at the airport or at our inlaws, we can get on ipad or pc or phone and watch MY... "MY" tv from anyplace i have an internet connection.   I assigned or setup guest accounts for my kids, that way when im at work and if im not using it while at work, they can connect from school and watch a show or control the DVR if needed.

this takes a little understanding.  but its pretty good.   say, im on at work watching/controlling the slingbox...  if my daughter in OK wants to watch , she uses her email and logs on maybe with her  PC(free) or her IPAD/PHONE (works with iphone or droid .. smart phone)..*note the phone/ipad apps cost about 14bucks to download to the device...     anyway, she gets a message that the "Owner.." thats me is
using the slingbox and to try again later..   if another guest is using it, same message.  however if she is watching and i log on, it will allow me to kick her off..   :smoke   because only one account at a time
can be using a slingbox.  if u want u can buy another slingbox and hook it up to another DVR or controller....    its like actaully controlling the TV from their....  if im at home watching, and she logs on and
starts changing channels.  i will see the TV change at home... lol  or i can just watch it at home on my PC ....  i think i can block or disable ppl if i want so that wont happen when im at home, but its not automatic....

*drawbacks... but not show stoppers for me where..
   only one person/email can control a slingbox at a time. 
   one slingbox only controls one dvr/controller.
   only one email/account can be using a slingbox at a time.

Over all its pretty cool, quality was really good, which is what i was concerned about.     I got the Slingbox350(150)wait for a sale i think they normally run 179.. they make a wireless on its its a bit more expensive Slingbox500.     the TV does not.. NOT have to be on, or even hooked up.   so u can have several setup.   

the really cool part is using it on your other devices and how good and fast it is.  and we mainly got  it  for when WE travel or lets say im on a camping trip and its raining.. (like that never happens..  </LMAO/>)  i can watch TV on my phone...  a recorded game.. or  a football game.. etc..  or say we are in the car and she wants to watch a show..  ..   to me thats whats cool..
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM