BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Which track bar is right for me?  (Read 342 times)

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Which track bar is right for me?
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »
hey guys, i know its been beat to death, but i searched and
couldnt come up with the answer for my setup. i have a 2"
bb, and my current track bar is toast. eventually i want to
go up to about a 2.75-3" lift in the front. i have a d30 with
stock cover. im looking at the jks OGS126, as i can get it
stupid cheap at work. will this work for me? i read through
the does it hit thread on jf, but couldnt see anyone with a bb
running one. since mine is bad i would like to upgrade. im
looking to order today. thanks guys!

If there's any other track bar that's recommended I'm open for other options
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Which track bar is right for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:04 PM »
JKS makes quality parts. There are a number of other brands that are good as well but the JKS, if you can get a great price, will certainly work. I am assuming its adjustable...

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: Which track bar is right for me?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
JKS makes quality parts. There are a number of other brands that are good as well but the JKS, if you can get a great price, will certainly work. I am assuming its adjustable...

X2

Sent from my Samsung Note 2

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »
I ended up ordering the jks, amd some re superflex lca's for the front. One more question. How do I set the length of the new control arms? What should my measurements be?
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »
I ended up ordering the jks, amd some re superflex lca's for the front. One more question. How do I set the length of the new control arms? What should my measurements be?

Just set them to match your originals for now. Just measure them eye to eye or put the old arm on the ground and put the bolts through it. Adjust the new arms until they will slide easily on the bolts with the old arm.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
Awesome thanks matt. My goodies will be here Monday.
2000 TJ

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »
I didn't wanna start a new thread in hopes someone would read this. Got the re co.trol arms today, but for some reason they ain't taking much grease. Do I need to use an air grease gun,or do they come greased? The grease gun handle did like a 1/4 pump before it wouldn't take anymore. Thanks for the input guys. I had to drive it home which I.hope won't hurt. She drives so much better then the worn stockers.
2000 TJ

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
I didn't wanna start a new thread in hopes someone would read this. Got the re co.trol arms today, but for some reason they ain't taking much grease. Do I need to use an air grease gun,or do they come greased? The grease gun handle did like a 1/4 pump before it wouldn't take anymore. Thanks for the input guys. I had to drive it home which I.hope won't hurt. She drives so much better then the worn stockers.

The JJ are most likely pre greased from the factory. If they dont take much, i wouldnt force it. Mine are easily greasable from a hand powered grease gun and they dont take much before oozing out.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »

The JJ are most likely pre greased from the factory.

RE uses a Johnny Joint?

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »
Its a cartridge joint, basically the same principal, but without the jj name. Not sure on the exact differences
2000 TJ

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »

The JJ are most likely pre greased from the factory.

RE uses a Johnny Joint?

JJ, flexjoint, pivot joint, roto joint, they have many names. JJ is a brand naming of the part. So technically its not a JJ brand, but yes its the same.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:26 PM »
Here they are installed

I will say my stock lowers were shot, and I found a few cracks on the drivers one. Drives so.much better! I can't wait to do the other 6
2000 TJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM