BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• MORRIS MOUNTAIN * OPEN RIDE: February 08, 2013 - February 09, 2013

Author Topic: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION  (Read 29124 times)

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20:29 PM »
The camping is primitive as are the showers.  Just bring shower shoes/flip flops.
It is more like a two stall out house with running water. I would rather take a bath in a puddle. Just my opinion though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well, not quite that bad.  Block building with two stalls.  Flush toilet, sink, shower and electricity in each.

cudruln
I thought you were asking a question.  After re-reading I see you were not.  Didn't mean to contradict you.  It's definitely not nice.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

BigJerm

Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »
Man, night rides are where it's at though. Too bad. Some of my best memories are from night rides... And some of my worst ;)

I skip 90% of them. Heck I don't even keep my fuses plugged in for the rock lights! After enough night rides with problems, breaks and long nights dragging winch lines ill take my beer by the camp fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2013, 03:53:21 AM »
I want to wheel bad, but I need to finish painting and tiling this weekend. Too much to do that I cant wheel and do house stuff. We shall see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
The camping is primitive as are the showers.  Just bring shower shoes/flip flops.
It is more like a two stall out house with running water. I would rather take a bath in a puddle. Just my opinion though

Well, not quite that bad.  Block building with two stalls.  Flush toilet, sink, shower and electricity in each.

cudruln
I thought you were asking a question.  After re-reading I see you were not.  Didn't mean to contradict you.  It's definitely not nice.
Its all good. I was there not to long ago for the rbd event (pretty large gathering) and the facilities where probably not up to par. But they didn't look too nice by any standards. But it may have just been the event, I guess we shall see

Alex

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »

cudruln
Its all good. I was there not to long ago for the rbd event (pretty large gathering) and the facilities where probably not up to par. But they didn't look too nice by any standards. But it may have just been the event, I guess we shall see

They are mediocre facilities that is for sure...for some reason I think they don't have hot water, could be wrong on that one. 

But yes, the RBD event is a full tilt deal, those bathrooms get pounded at that event!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2013, 09:55:23 AM »

cudruln

They are mediocre facilities that is for sure...for some reason I think they don't have hot water, could be wrong on that one. 

But yes, the RBD event is a full tilt deal, those bathrooms get pounded at that event!

Why does this sound so very wrong?!  ;D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: FEB. 8TH & 9TH : MORRIS MOUNTAIN * DISCUSSION
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:20 AM »
Because it is :D

Alex

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2013, 10:58:41 AM »
OK, now that we all agree the bathroom facilities are less than stellar I am going to try and redirect us to a more interesting topic. 

I was able to get Friday off so thinking about heading over earlier than I had originally planned.  Are others still planning on arriving early enough on Friday for an afternoon ride?  Also do you have a predetermined CB channel to use?

Other than Thursday the weather is looking better every day.  High of 65 on Saturday with 0% chance of rain.  Looking forward to meeting and riding.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Channel 7 for GATR rides
Bobby

Offline trothatl

• Visitor
  • Tom
    • My Website
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »
High of 65 on Saturday with 0% chance of rain.  Looking forward to meeting and riding.

Just what I needed to hear. I had just RSVPed for Saturday, then I read that, which makes it even better. Mud or not, I'm ready.   
Tom
2013 JK Unlimited

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
Lets hope the mud dries up.
Bobby

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk