BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Opinions for Off-Roading Automatic or Manual  (Read 849 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Opinions for Off-Roading Automatic or Manual
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
looks like they have no applications for the JK... only the TJ.  I still have the OEM clutch in my rig and I find it does allow for quite a bit of slippage. Which helps you hang on the clutch with no brakes.

I thought the JK computer held brakes on a hill in 4 low while you let out the clutch.  Know how that works?

The "Hill Assist" is on the '09 & up. Mine is an '08. But how it works, I assume like my Prius, you mash the brakes to the floor and hold it for a second and the computer acts like a line lock holding the brakes until you move. I'm not too sure how that would work when crawling as you want the brakes and gas at the same time to limit speed. That is one of the things I like about the Rubi gearing, I can dump the clutch and limit my speed with the brakes. In stock forum the Rubi has a 73.1:1 crawl ratio compared to the non-rubi 38.9:1 crawl ratio.

he said prius...  </LMAO/>
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
I ended up going with an Automatic. Really was getting tired of shifting gears driving around for work.
Bobby

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59:37 PM »
looks like they have no applications for the JK... only the TJ.  I still have the OEM clutch in my rig and I find it does allow for quite a bit of slippage. Which helps you hang on the clutch with no brakes.

I thought the JK computer held brakes on a hill in 4 low while you let out the clutch.  Know how that works?

The "Hill Assist" is on the '09 & up. Mine is an '08. But how it works, I assume like my Prius, you mash the brakes to the floor and hold it for a second and the computer acts like a line lock holding the brakes until you move. I'm not too sure how that would work when crawling as you want the brakes and gas at the same time to limit speed. That is one of the things I like about the Rubi gearing, I can dump the clutch and limit my speed with the brakes. In stock forum the Rubi has a 73.1:1 crawl ratio compared to the non-rubi 38.9:1 crawl ratio.

he said prius...  </LMAO/>

Ben, you can laugh all you want.. It's was my choice of a company car and it gets ~43mpg with me driving it "digital".  But hey...  WTF did I just compare a Jeep to a Prius?
JK-AJ

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
 :hlp  ;D
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK