BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain Feb 8-9 2013 pics and stuff thread  (Read 10027 times)

Offline steve.workman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morris Mountain Feb 8-9 2013 pics and stuff thread
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
Awesome ride!!! Enjoyed meeting everyone new and seeing
Familiar faces. I thought conditions were good given the
amount of rain that had fallen. Thanks for the awesome
job spotting to help me up some of hills.
Steve Workman

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
It felt great to get back out in some dirt yesterday!  A little wet and slippery, but really not too bad. We got up plenty of rocks, but definitely left the hardest for last. I forget the name of the trail, but we all had to pull cable (me more than others) to get up the last stretch.

Ending the night with a cold beverage, chili and cornbread muffins by a big campfire was awesome. Glad to meet the new folks, too!
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:19 AM »
It felt great to get back out in some dirt yesterday!  A little wet and slippery, but really not too bad. We got up plenty of rocks, but definitely left the hardest for last. I forget the name of the trail, but we all had to pull cable (me more than others) to get up the last stretch.

Ending the night with a cold beverage, chili and cornbread muffins by a big campfire was awesome. Glad to meet the new folks, too!

Jared I think that was called Copperhead. That some crazy rocks in that section. Have you looked under the Jeep? Any major damage from that run?
Bobby

Offline trothatl

• Visitor
  • Tom
    • My Website
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
I had a great time, it was good to everyone and to meet more people. Thanks to the organizers and the spotters.

Here are a few pics from yesterday. I put more photos on Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trothatl/sets/72157632730873117/.

[smg id=289 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=290 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=291 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=292 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=293 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=294 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=295 type=preview align=center width=500]
Tom
2013 JK Unlimited

Offline trothatl

• Visitor
  • Tom
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
And just a few more...

[smg id=296 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=297 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=298 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=299 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=300 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=301 type=preview align=center width=500]
[smg id=302 type=preview align=center width=500]

Again, you can see the rest of them on my Flickr page at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trothatl/sets/72157632730873117/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:05:11 AM by trothatl »
Tom
2013 JK Unlimited

Offline trothatl

• Visitor
  • Tom
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
Well, it looks like there's a limit to how many photos I can post in a topic from the GATR user galleries.  Not to overwhelm the thread with photos, but I didn't want to leave out Blue Wes tackling the rocks. I forgot the name of this trail.

Tom
2013 JK Unlimited

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »
Well, it looks like there's a limit to how many photos I can post in a topic from the GATR user galleries.  Not to overwhelm the thread with photos, but I didn't want to leave out Blue Wes tackling the rocks. I forgot the name of this trail.

This RBD
Bobby

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 12:17:38 PM »
YEA BOY !@!@! that was a great ride.  Thnks to everyone who set it up and to the Morris bros for letting us use the park.  March cant get here fast enough.  Cant wait to get on some fresh dirt and rocks.  Wish I had been able to see MM in its haydays.  I got some good video of us on GBU and V notch.  Thanks to Bobby and Tony for leading us through the park.  Oh yea and special thanks to the ghost dog for leading Kevin and I back to the entrance when we were doing some scouting before anyone else got there.   {letseat} {letseat} {letseat}
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »

Video to come.
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »
I keep seeing a gecko hiding in the background of all the pics, but no action shots. So disappointed!

Looks like a great time! Wish I didn't have to work the entire weekend

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Great ride guys!  I enjoyed meeting the new folks, hope everyone had a good time.  Friday afternoon ride was wet but fun.  GBU and some of the bigger rocks were a no go.  We did not go over to the Los Primos side.  Friday night camping at the fire was good, the overnight in tent was FROSTY!

Saturday started with sun!  The morning was still damp but we hit a number of good rocks and trails.  Did a number of different lines at V Notch and some of the rock trails down from the cul de sac and back up.  The sun was out all day so the park actually dried up nicely.  Hit the Los Primos side after lunch, did the V ditch and the right side of RBD.  Blue Wes gave the rock slap of RBD a try...it stood him up and we winched him back down.  later in the afternoon we played on GBU.  Kevin and I got the center right side, AJ, Todd and Jared hit the far left side.  Last trial of the day was Copper Head, some went to the right and some to the left.  The guys on the right had a tough time and cable was pulled at least 3 times but it was a fun trail.

All in all it was weekend, the weather did not dampen the fun at all!  No real major carnage that I know of.  If you got some, post it up.

My crappy iPhone pics are here, forgot my camera and gopro:
http://s68.beta.photobucket.com/user/TChaap/library/Morris%20Mountain%202%202013

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
Man, thanks a bunch for the Open Ride.  Had a really good time this weekend.  Both Wheeling and just hanging out at the campsite.  You guys really encouraged me to push my Jeep harder than I have in the past.  I will go ahead and become an actual member for sure.  Looking forward to more rides, see you all next time.

Thanks to Bobby, Kevin, Todd and Tony for some great spotting.  It really helps.  Sorry if I missed anyone else.  Kevin, thanks for riding Sunday morning, that was fun.  That one hill climb we hit was pretty fun especially.

Didn't get many pictures but here is one.  I had some guy on 33's behind me with his rear in the air and a guy in front of me hooked to my winch.  So I couldn't really get out and do much else.

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM