BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Professional photo spread  (Read 709 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Professional photo spread
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »
A buddy of mine does automotive photography. He did a lot of photos for the club at Harlan. His name is Drake Simmons. He is in Lawrenceville.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/DrakeSimonsPhoto?fref=ts

This guy did some good work at Harlan

</ROCKIN/>
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Allsouth Autosports

• Visitor
  • OFFROAD PARTS
    • www.allsouthautosports.com
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 05:58:15 PM »
We hired a great photographer for our 2010 show, if we host the car show this year you can join the shoot. It isn't on the trails or anything, but it's a cool thing to do. {cheers2}

Scroll down to the shoot:
http://www.allsouthautosports.com/allsouth_auto_show_2010.html
Allsouth Autosports
770.881.8173 Shop

1525 Broadmoor Blvd. Buford Ga. 30518
(Back building)

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
Send me a PM. I've done many articles in CRAWL and just submitted one to off road adventures. I'm based in ATL and have had numerous articles and spreads over the years. Typical shoot would take ~4 hours assuming we are in one spot and good weather. Vehicle prepared by customer.

We can discuss what you want, how you want it, when, etc.

Examples of photos below. I can dig up some PDFs once emails are exchanged.

Damn Toyotas by expeditionmax, on Flickr

CJ-1 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

BFG Man by expeditionmax, on Flickr

FB-2 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

Money Shot by expeditionmax, on Flickr

FJ45-2 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

Kirby 1 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

portfolio12 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »
Get our April ride in some Mags </ROCKIN/>
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »
Hey LR, those are some very nice shots! 

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
Also I HIGHLY recommend that you interview your photographers beforehand. Face to face, preferred. You get a feel for their style, what they can offer, and other factors that are best "felt out" beforehand. Professionalism is key as you want someone who is working this, not out there to have fun (it kinda sucks but this is the truth, it is work).

The photographer that shows up with their relevant-topic portfolio on their tablet for you to view, as well as a pricing schedule, and locations already scouted/known can make a customer feel a lot better than the guy who shows up in his PJs and says, "I've never done it but I'm sure I can do it!"

Kinda like interviewing realtors or wedding photographers. Need to talk to about 10 before you find a decent one. I would be more than happy to setup a time for a coffee or brew to come discuss what you are looking for. Make sure it is doable (most likely is) and that the end product will be what you want it to be. I can provide examples of entire shoots (already printed) to find out what suits you the best as I have many styles of shoots to choose from. On the flipside if you would like something different, this can be discussed. Long story short, having a plan BEFORE shoot day is preferred as "winging it" has a huge impact on the quality of photos produced.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
Also I HIGHLY recommend that you interview your photographers beforehand. Face to face, preferred. You get a feel for their style, what they can offer, and other factors that are best "felt out" beforehand. Professionalism is key as you want someone who is working this, not out there to have fun (it kinda sucks but this is the truth, it is work).

The photographer that shows up with their relevant-topic portfolio on their tablet for you to view, as well as a pricing schedule, and locations already scouted/known can make a customer feel a lot better than the guy who shows up in his PJs and says, "I've never done it but I'm sure I can do it!"

Kinda like interviewing realtors or wedding photographers. Need to talk to about 10 before you find a decent one. I would be more than happy to setup a time for a coffee or brew to come discuss what you are looking for. Make sure it is doable (most likely is) and that the end product will be what you want it to be. I can provide examples of entire shoots (already printed) to find out what suits you the best as I have many styles of shoots to choose from. On the flipside if you would like something different, this can be discussed. Long story short, having a plan BEFORE shoot day is preferred as "winging it" has a huge impact on the quality of photos produced.

^^^
Good stuff right there.  Thanks LR

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »
I am going to try and get my photographer to come out for Gulches. He has expressed interest in doing a shoot for us.
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM