BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: If you could go back in time......  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
 {bruce} Hush Kevin!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

Jeep with the lowest miles win?

{peek}

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Jeep with the lowest miles win?

Come on, this is America.... The guy with the most $$$ always wins!
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
I know I know I would have got BIGGER tires!!! </LMAO/>
Mike

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
To be honest I probably would have bought a Rubicon since I am just now paying to get lockers, after going out on an expedition and seeing whats what, not exactly the question but its the one thing I would replace. 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

justinturn646

I would have bought a rough country 6.5inch long arm kit. but im stuck (for now) with a rough country 4.5 inch short arm lift  {:CH}

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
how much would a 241 go for?  I might have one for sale this year.
Blue Wes

BigJerm

I am sure it comes down to miles, maintenance history, condition and all that but I have seen the asking price around the 700-1000 mark usually. But I never really looked before now so I could be way off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
how much would a 241 go for?  I might have one for sale this year.

about 900. What would you run instead? They are a pretty good case and don't require sye's compared to the 231. The 231 doesn't have the gearing of the 241. The only other option is an atlas but that's money. The only advantage would be twin sticks but that's it for a stock set up.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Atlas 2...my thought was instead of re-gearing after upgrades to 37" tires, i would sell my 241 and slap the atlas 2 in there and use the ultra low to compensate for the axle gearing.  Not really sure if it would work, just a outside the box thought.  Am i off base?
Blue Wes

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Atlas 2...my thought was instead of re-gearing after upgrades to 37" tires, i would sell my 241 and slap the atlas 2 in there and use the ultra low to compensate for the axle gearing.  Not really sure if it would work, just a outside the box thought.  Am i off base?

no you are not off base, that would work offroad....it wouldn't help you on the road.

BigJerm

That's my plan to. I could get a 241 and new driveshaft for the rear for cheaper than an axle regear. When I do the crawl ratio calculator a 4:1 tcase change gets a much lower ratio than a regear to 4.88s (lowest I can do in the TJ D30) with the stock tcase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM