BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: What do you have going on??  (Read 965 times)

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
Re: What do you have going on??
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
Still going to school. I look back at the movie Tommy Boy when Chris Farley says
Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too. All right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.

That's how I feel.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline brentdavis

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:54 PM »
Son's baseball season started last Saturday...  I'm the head coach...  Going to be pretty tied up till end of June... 
Brent Davis

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
David, great to hear brother!
As for what I have going on, the last 6 months of training and equipment testing is coming to a head. The last 3 weeks have been spent in the field, and have the remainder of this week and next week to go and I'm friggn done. Then its time to start working on a new chapter in my carrier as I'm going to begin the process of going to School for rotary wing aviation then getting my commission as an Officer. 12 years of this has done a real number on this guy so it's time for something new.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
David, great to hear brother!
As for what I have going on, the last 6 months of training and equipment testing is coming to a head. The last 3 weeks have been spent in the field, and have the remainder of this week and next week to go and I'm friggn done. Then its time to start working on a new chapter in my carrier as I'm going to begin the process of going to School for rotary wing aviation then getting my commission as an Officer. 12 years of this has done a real number on this guy so it's time for something new.

You gonna try for being a pilot?  I think a Huey is like a flying jeep, go anywhere!
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »
That's awesome David!!

Here is what made me think to start this thread. Took the kids to their first Mardi Gras (my 22nd). Everyone had a blast!!

Jay

Offline brentdavis

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
Very cool!  Looks like you guys had a great time...  I haven't been to a Mardi Gras since my college days back in the late 90's...  Of coarse I really don't remember going to those either...  </BEER/>
Brent Davis

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »
Very cool!  Looks like you guys had a great time...  I haven't been to a Mardi Gras since my college days back in the late 90's...  Of coarse I really don't remember going to those either...  </BEER/>

Yeah, a lot of people have the misconception that MG is only a crazy party. It can be, but there are plenty of parades/parts of town that are great for the family atmosphere.
Jay

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Now headed to Skyzone with the family! Love that my wife does not care about the real romantic vday stuff---and no, its not a trap :)
Jay

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
I bought a house In December and I am a person who doesn't leave things well enough alone. I have repainted 3/4 of the house and now started tiling. There was nothing wrong with the paint or the floors, I just wanted to change it. I have subfloors so I have to add concrete backing before I can tile so that is adding even more time to the project. I have some pictures on my phone that I will come back and add. 
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjvineyard

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 11:48:43 PM »
Building my wrangler, trying to get my sciatica under control, and about to see if I can't get my welding career started somewhere....wish me luck!
Nathan Vineyard
2000 TJ 4.0 Manual
If I wanted a HUMMER I'd ask your sister (OIIIIIIO)

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: What do you have going on??
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:06:55 AM »
I bought a house In December and I am a person who doesn't leave things well enough alone. I have repainted 3/4 of the house and now started tiling. There was nothing wrong with the paint or the floors, I just wanted to change it. I have subfloors so I have to add concrete backing before I can tile so that is adding even more time to the project. I have some pictures on my phone that I will come back and add. 
They have this really nice tile, that is actually a floating tile. I have it in my kitchen and love it. And you don't have to do a concrete base. You should check into it if you have not already started to far into the project. It its a little more expensive than normal tile but well worth it IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Alex

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
Printing targets for tomorrow. Teaching my sis how to take care of business with her new gun. Been rummaging thru things to use for targets like water jugs, soda cans and such. I am going to hang some in the trees (eye level) and make a shooter course in the woods. You can be great with a gun standing still, but on the move is something completely different. I have bought ammo for my Nagant (7.62 x 54), Mouser (8mm), 30-30, .380 and the .45 I found some really cool soft nose rounds for the 30-30 by hornady. Zombie rounds. I can't wait to see the accuracy difference in these compared to the standard flat nosers. I might end up hunting with the Nagant this deer season if she is accurate. Love hunting with iron sight rifles {letseat} Her boyfriend is bring his AK47 so I can't wait to fire that one </ROCKIN/>

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM