BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Important info for 2013 Jeep owners with the 3.6L Pentastar V6  (Read 187 times)

Offline brentdavis

• Visitor

Just wanted to pass on this info...  A few weeks ago I noticed a "chirping" noise from my Jeep once it got warmed up...  The noise would come and go and was not consistent...  All little noises annoy me so I took the Jeep to the dealer yesterday...  Turns out I have a bad water pump...  Chrysler knows about this issue on the 2013 Pentastar engines but they are not sending out a recall notice...  So if you hear a chirping, or squealing noise coming from the engine then it is more than likely a bad water pump...  If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them...

Happy Easter...
Brent Davis

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
Re: Important info for 2013 Jeep owners with the 3.6L Pentastar V6
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes I wonder if mechanics replace parts just so they'll get paid. If they check for a "squeak" and don't find anything they don't get paid. Do you trust your mechanics? You would hope that they are honest but I tend to not trust mechanics. Either way I will definitely be keeping an ear open. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

BigJerm

Re: Re: Important info for 2013 Jeep owners with the 3.6L Pentastar V6
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
Sounds about right for jeep. 2007 libertys have faulty window regulators but wont recall them, they will only fix as they break but most owners dont know that. 2005-2006 4.0 have an issue with the OPDA failing and locking up the engine. Some have failed before 50k miles. Jeep wont touch it

sent from my dumb phone

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM