BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gulches April 5-6-7 pictures, video and carnage  (Read 22455 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Gulches April 5-6-7 pictures, video and carnage
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
Lol!
Bobby

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
Carnage... well beside busting all but 2 clips to hold on my L/F flare, I think my front axle is tweaked.... and by tweaked, I think it's bent. Not sure yet on that but need to get it on an alignment rack to check it... I think.

I had the ESP light come on after leaving Gulches. I just pulled the code and it appears it's just because my steering wheel is so far off center from the tie rod being so bent. Not a hard fix, I just need to figure out if anyone makes a high steer tie rod for the JK. It looks like there is only a D/link flip but no Tie Rod flip so I will most likely go with a RK Tie Rod.

I was thinking... what other vehicle besides a Jeep (Wrangler) can you buy, get strangers waving at you as soon as you drive off the car lot, wheel it for days and drive it back home and still get 17+ mpg. Man I love my Jeep!
JK-AJ

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »
I was thinking... what other vehicle besides a Jeep (Wrangler) can you buy, get strangers waving at you as soon as you drive off the car lot, wheel it for days and drive it back home and still get 17+ mpg. Man I love my Jeep!

Couldnt put it better myself.  I had a little bit of carnage as well.  Pulled a little rod out of the firewall attached to my clutch.  Easy trail fix was to put a "limiter strap" on it so it cant pull out of the firewall again.  Thought about replacing it when I got back but under further observation its fine just broke the silly plastic piece holding it on the firewall.  Silly jeep engineers.   

Dave & Kelly where is the video of me on TnT ive been dieing to see it.  And thanks for watching Gibson while I was on the obstacle. 
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

BigJerm

Re: Re: Gulches April 5-6-7 pictures, video and carnage
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25:22 PM »
17 mpg? Never had that with a jeep

sent from my dumb phone

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »

sent from my dumb phone

100% agreed!  12-14 is my average for our trips @ 70 mph.

AJ, what did you hit?
Blue Wes

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2013, 10:33:05 PM »
I guess I hit a big rock. But this wasn't just one hit, my tie rod has been in sad shape for some time.

Here is my hwy avg... It does drop to 16.5 when I get over 75-80.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
JK-AJ

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:55 PM »
do the JKs come with the same hollow tie rod the TJs came with?  I have 500$ waiting on mine to bend so I can get a new setup.  I have seen doug, tony and a few others with the aluminum one...i think i heard them say it will bend to a point...i wish they made one like that for the TJ.
Blue Wes

onlygoon

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
I am sure u can I have been looking at te chomo one pop is going to get his first mine is stil a virgin but I am sure I will bash mine sooner than later ha ha I know I will the way I push my rig ha ha

Offline trothatl

• Visitor
  • Tom
    • My Website
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »

I was close to that when I pulled off the lot with a stock JKU last October. With the lift, 35-inch tires, heavier bumpers, and winch, I'm now getting about 14-15 highway, but averaging 13.5 city/highway combination.
Tom
2013 JK Unlimited

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: Gulches April 5-6-7 pictures, video and carnage
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »
do the JKs come with the same hollow tie rod the TJs came with?  I have 500$ waiting on mine to bend so I can get a new setup.  I have seen doug, tony and a few others with the aluminum one...i think i heard them say it will bend to a point...i wish they made one like that for the TJ.
You can get the one off a grand cherokee (I will double check this) and it is a direct bolt up. It is a solid tie rod. Suppose to be a very good upgrade for a fairly cheap price. I will get more info for you though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Alex

onlygoon

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:54 AM »
You can get the one off a grand cherokee (I will double check this) and it is a direct bolt up. It is a solid tie rod. Suppose to be a very good upgrade for a fairly cheap price. I will get more info for you though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would be very Intrested as well

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:11 AM »
It has to be a V8 Grand Cherokee for the solid
bar tie rod........I think around a 96 model.

My TJ gets about 10 mpg......
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM