BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 2013 GATR MOAB Photos and Stories  (Read 31627 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: 2013 GATR MOAB Photos and Stories
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »
I kept all of my fuel receipts for the Moab trip.  Results:

Total distance driven: 4073 miles (detours to El Paso going and Dallas coming back, plus driving in Moab)

Total fuel bought: 350.322 gallons of diesel.

Total price paid: $1271.72 for an average of $3.63/gal

11.63 miles/gallon overall fuel economy.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »
Great info! Thanks
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Trail Duty

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
Looks like you guys had a blast out there. Thanks for sharing all the pics. I love going to Moab vicariously  ;D
David - 2011 Flame Red JKU

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
I think Tony and I averaged about 10.5 mpg, maybe a little more as his speedo was a little about 3% slow compared to the GPS with the oversized tires, and our total expense for 2 rigs should be around $1300-$1400 split evenly.  Waiting on my AMEX to post the charges so I have an exact cost.

Trip is too long on the ends and too short in the middle lol.

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
This was just an epic trip. There is a damn good reason that Moab is considered the Mecca of offroading...because it is. Period!

Great, great time. The wheeling, the climate, the scenery, the friends...just a killer time. Even the trials and tribulations we all had to work through we're memorable.

I'll post up the total diesel costs and jeep fuel coats soon  once Doug and I total up. But yes, we did avg a out 10.5 mpg towing and we were HEAVY.

Start saving now to make 2014!!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
I got 10.4 miles per gallon round trip and my combo was just under 2k less in weight than Tony and Doug.

I-40 is the worst road I have ever traveled on in my life. When I go back next year it will be on I-70 out and back.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:40:49 AM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
Randy, post your fuel bill if you can get it. I will be towing with my 2000 sub and it has the 5.3. Curious to see what it cost you and what your mileage was. Has to be around 10 or maybe more. I am going to dolly mine as I do not have a trailer. Disconnect the rear shaft, swap some road tires on the rear that I have already mounted on some old jeep wheels and roll. Wish my sub towed well. I could make that trip in probably 3 tanks of gas one way. 700+ out of a tank on the highway right now. Or I might do the Danny route. Fly out with the wife, have somebody tow mine out and pay them for gas. hhhmmmmmmm, now that sounds WAY better than the drive out and back, fun one way for a little, then just sucks. ;D
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »
Whatever happened to the Ford tow pig that was leaking trans fluid?

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »
Randy, post your fuel bill if you can get it. I will be towing with my 2000 sub and it has the 5.3. Curious to see what it cost you and what your mileage was. Has to be around 10 or maybe more. I am going to dolly mine as I do not have a trailer. Disconnect the rear shaft, swap some road tires on the rear that I have already mounted on some old jeep wheels and roll. Wish my sub towed well. I could make that trip in probably 3 tanks of gas one way. 700+ out of a tank on the highway right now. Or I might do the Danny route. Fly out with the wife, have somebody tow mine out and pay them for gas. hhhmmmmmmm, now that sounds WAY better than the drive out and back, fun one way for a little, then just sucks. ;D

It really couldn't have been any better being able to just wake up Friday morning and go to the airport - I was at my house eating dinner before dark!! + the person towing is able to save $12 - $1400.00 in fuel. It's a win for everyone! It also subtracts 4 days off of your vacation so your able to work more hours.

I am not opposed to towing next year if I can do the buddy system like Tony & Doug though.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »
--------------------
I have not totalled everything up, but I know I got right around 10.0 mpg. I will see if I can find everything!! and post exact numbers.
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline Redroxx

• Visitor
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Leaving trucks in Moab is another option and my favorite. Flying back and forth is easy.  ;D

Anyway, since I am a core member in GATR and also a Moab Friends 4 Wheeling member (also Red Rock 4 Wheeler :o), I wanted to thank you guys for coming out to Moab and letting us get to know you better.
Although I only got to wheel with you 3 days (rusty nail, pritchett, and hell's), it was a wonderful time and your group was awesome. I got to sharpen my spotting skills, recovery skills, emergency medicine skills, and Redroxx became a super tow rig x 2!  </LMAO/>
I'm glad to know you all are coming next year so my Moab club can better plan to host my Georgia club! Just to let the group know, we have a decent number of folks that like to do the easier stuff so if you give us a trail wish list in advance, we can provide some trail leaders and generally show everyone why we love Moab so much! I would hate to have someone not come because they don't have two lockers, big tires, etc.
Gary Lee and I are still sharing stories from your visit and we feel like we developed some lifelong friendships. We hope to wheel with you here in Georgia or at least meet up with you guys for dinner sometime soon.

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
Leaving trucks in Moab is another option and my favorite. Flying back and forth is easy.  ;D

Anyway, since I am a core member in GATR and also a Moab Friends 4 Wheeling member (also Red Rock 4 Wheeler :o), I wanted to thank you guys for coming out to Moab and letting us get to know you better.
Although I only got to wheel with you 3 days (rusty nail, pritchett, and hell's), it was a wonderful time and your group was awesome. I got to sharpen my spotting skills, recovery skills, emergency medicine skills, and Redroxx became a super tow rig x 2!  </LMAO/>
I'm glad to know you all are coming next year so my Moab club can better plan to host my Georgia club! Just to let the group know, we have a decent number of folks that like to do the easier stuff so if you give us a trail wish list in advance, we can provide some trail leaders and generally show everyone why we love Moab so much! I would hate to have someone not come because they don't have two lockers, big tires, etc.
Gary Lee and I are still sharing stories from your visit and we feel like we developed some lifelong friendships. We hope to wheel with you here in Georgia or at least meet up with you guys for dinner sometime soon.

Melissa, it was very cool to wheel with you, Gary, Jeff and the others. Hayden and I had a great time!  Can't wait until next year.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM