BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal carry pulled over...  (Read 234 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Conceal carry pulled over...
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
This is a good video. Just thinking of this while we are all traveling this weekend. I have been pulled over before and was asked to get out of the vehicle, hands on the truck, spread 'em, patted down and gun removed. I did not agree with this at all, but understand the reasons. Just don't like being treated like a criminal... I always give my drivers license and carry license and inform the officer that I have a gun. Usually it sits next to me in the seat. So be aware of the laws and your rights and carry on.  //shoot// 
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Conceal carry pulled over...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »
I don't think what they did to you is legal, unless you did something to provoke that. I'm sure you didn't, but that is not allowed.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
Yeah, wow, haven't had any interaction here in Georgia but had several in Michigan and would have thought GA to be similar.  Won't go in to detail but of the three interactions I had with 2 local police and 1 deputy they all but ignored me when I announced I had a permit and was carrying (required in MI).  The last one was for speeding and he gave me a warning, probably as much for my clean record and honesty.  No interest in the gun what so ever other than the last one ask me what I was carrying.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:48 PM »
Same here. I was stopped in Rome a few weeks ago. I told the officer I had a firearm in the jeep. It didnt bother him in the least. He asked me where it was. I told him in the console. I asked him if he needed to see my permit, he told me no, I was allowed to carry in the vehicle without one but told me he appreciated me telling him. Got off with a warning for doing 72 in a 55.
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »
I have been in a license check stop before put on by the Georgia state patrol. Told him I had the pistol between the seats he says "don't reach for yours and I won't reach for mine". I was like alright. Other than that they usually just ignore me when I say something

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Alex

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM