OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

Tray Mountain

(1/3) > >>

bear991:
We rode over to Tray mountain today. I was surprised how much worse the road has become. Several trees down and the ruts are much deeper. Had a good time on the ride and met some nice folks with a new JKU from Loganville. Told him about GATR and sent him to Allsouth for his upgrades.

ranier1315:
Is it still passable? I've seen posts on the "other" forum that have said the downed trees have made it impassable. I thought about heading up there a few days ago with a chainsaw.

Tray is USFS property correct? Just want to make sure it's OK to cut downed trees.  //CHAINSAW//

bear991:
Marc the trees have been moved enough to make it passable. It is USFS and I thought about going back over next week and finish cutting them up and opening up the road more. One tree that is almost down on the road will need some special care when taking it down. It's a hang up and most likely will require two more trees taken down to clear it. I imagine any strong winds that come up and it will be across the road. It's probably 25+inch tree so it would be a handful. What surprised me was how much deeper the ruts across the top are which made it fun to me but the wife wasn't real pleased //;D//

ranier1315:

--- Quote from: bear991 on August 04, 2013, 08:25:59 AM ---Marc the trees have been moved enough to make it passable. It is USFS and I thought about going back over next week and finish cutting them up and opening up the road more. One tree that is almost down on the road will need some special care when taking it down. It's a hang up and most likely will require two more trees taken down to clear it. I imagine any strong winds that come up and it will be across the road. It's probably 25+inch tree so it would be a handful. What surprised me was how much deeper the ruts across the top are which made it fun to me but the wife wasn't real pleased //;D//

--- End quote ---

That's what happens when you get 20+ inches of rain in a few months. Hopefully it won't get so bad that the forest service doesn't close it down.

MilitantXJ:
We should just plan a maintenance trip, I'm sure we could get a few people together to ride up and clear it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version