OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

Tray Mountain

<< < (2/3) > >>

ranier1315:

--- Quote from: MilitantXJ on August 04, 2013, 02:57:23 PM ---We should just plan a maintenance trip, I'm sure we could get a few people together to ride up and clear it

--- End quote ---

I'm up for that! What would really be great is if we could get with the USFS and show them that we are responsible "stake holders". Get the word out and get some positive PR instead of all the negative stuff.

bear991:
I'm all for that idea. Once you cross the top and get to the point where the Appalachian Trail crosses,if you turn to the left and head towards Helen couple miles down the road a Huge tree has fallen across the road. At some point it was cut in two and somewhat pushed to the side. The problem is the way you go around what is left of the tree,it's creating a big depression off the side of the road and will most likely become a big mud hole or possibly wash the road out at some point. I'm sure the USFS would be thankful of any help at all.

MilitantXJ:
How big of a rig do you need to get up there

ranier1315:

--- Quote from: MilitantXJ on August 04, 2013, 04:45:48 PM ---How big of a rig do you need to get up there

--- End quote ---

Not big at all. These are forest service roads. The biggest obstacle is the ruts and downed trees. This area has been hit hard in the last few years with at least two tornadoes and several bad storms.

Most stock 4x4 vehicles can make it as long as you are smart.

Oscar_Mike 2013:
I'm in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version