BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Smart Phones - what do you have?  (Read 1177 times)

BigJerm

Re: Smart Phones - what do you have?
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
Plus, Apple's new iOS coming out this fall will completely change the iPhone interface, with a ton of new features.
Check out the keynote from Apple about it.  It's long so scroll through it towards the end.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUH9PJA1Ro&autoplay=1&desktop_uri=%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DqzUH9PJA1Ro%2526autoplay%253D1

I googled the ios7 and read it apples site. Sounds like the Galaxy and the iphone are getting closer and closer to each other everyday with their features. It really is coming down to just a few details that makes your decision on if you want an apple or a droid.

When I got my S3 I realized how many things were close to the iphone. Now I see with IOS7 they are adding things like Air Drop (similar idea to the "bump" sharing of the galaxy). The multi tasking where it shows a screen shot of the program for apple is just like the galaxy except the galaxy scrolls up and down and you swipe to the side to end the program. The control center is exactly what the galaxy already has and it is a very useful thing! Like I said, its really becoming do you want a bigger screen and smaller battery life or not? lol (I know they have more differences, but you get my point)

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 11:08:53 AM »
I just got an s3 on verizon with work. My personal is the iphone 4s. So far I love the new s3. I can even get my itunes songs on the new phone and more of the apps that I had to pay for on apple were free for the s3. Battery life is comparable to the iPhone, if not slightly better. The screen is awesome. My whole house is apple stuff, so I was a fanboy for a while, but the s3 is changing that.
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
There haven't been many people that were all apple (like I am), that made the switch and weren't happy about it. Trying my hardest to hold off till they announce the new one, but we will see.
Jay

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
S3 here, was all apple and still half apple. I use drop box as a cloud to share most things I need between devices. I love the S3, I can do way more with it than I ever could with any apple product. Make the change and never look back.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re:
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
1st post with this sweet S4 Active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4
Jay

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »
Congrats on lifting the veil.   //cheers2//
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Re: Re: Smart Phones - what do you have?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »
Congrats on lifting the veil.   //cheers2//

Yeah, this thing is pretty sick! I am enjoying learning everything with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
Envy is running high on this end    //letseat//
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »
Ok with all the talk about the S4 i went and picked one up. My first impression was "this thing rocks" but the more I played with it the more it became apparent that I am completely ruined by apples operating system. I just couldn't get used to the texting keyboards and how to move around. The bottom line is I wasn't impressed enough to keep it. I'll just keep putting up with apple crap for a little while longer.

It's official, I have become my parents. "I don't want to try the new fangled DVD player! My VCR works just fine!" LOL
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
Ok with all the talk about the S4 i went and picked one up. My first impression was "this thing rocks" but the more I played with it the more it became apparent that I am completely ruined by apples operating system. I just couldn't get used to the texting keyboards and how to move around. The bottom line is I wasn't impressed enough to keep it. I'll just keep putting up with apple crap for a little while longer.

It's official, I have become my parents. "I don't want to try the new fangled DVD player! My VCR works just fine!" LOL
That's what I did when I got the S3 I tried for a couple of days and couldn't keep it. Apple all the way. So Easy.
Bobby

BigJerm

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
Apple is simple, that's for sure. I gave my mom my old iphone and she picked it up really quick. The Galaxy is a bit different esp when you the home button at the bottom and a back and a settings button all outside of the app. Once you learn to use those its gets good

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
Did any of you 'S3 trial users' try Swyping on the Swype keyboard?  I came from BlackBerry, so the typical (i.e., Apple) keyboard was/is horrendous, but I have found the swyping to be awesome.  I don't believe Samsung pushes the Swype keyboard knowledge, so that is why I am asking. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM