BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: August 24 & 25 Adventure OffRoad Park Pictures and Videos  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
Re: August 24 & 25 Adventure OffRoad Park Pictures and Videos
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
Was an interesting ride this weekend to say the least.  I bent the crap out of my front tierod,  not sure if it will be drivable or not till the morning, and my winch gave out.  The group I was leading got stuck on 1 trail for 7 hrs after lunch.....so much for blues being intermediates.  I was stressed but everyone says they still had a blast.  Had a fair bit of carnage throughout.  This place has changed so much just in the 3 weeks its been since I was up here last. Don't think anyone has ever seen so much cable being pulled un one trail.  On the plus side we are really proficient with snatchblocks now. Really do hope everyone did have a blast.  Thanks to blue wes and scott for stepping up and helping in the absence of our staff.  Ill get up the few pics I have when I get back home.
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 11:58:36 PM »
What tie rod do you have? I bent my factory one over my knee lol
Will

94 seXj

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
Crazy day today...

Trail 30 kicked our butts all afternoon and late into the evening. Very slippery conditions and a lot of off camber stuff made for some sketchy lines and required winches at a number of points along the way.

Didn't get off the mountain until 10:30 ET by my calculations.

Great job by and a big thanks to a number of folks. Notably Scott, Todd and Blue Wes.  Others too I'm sure...
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 12:30:02 AM »
We had a good time today even though I have never seen so much cable pulling! Carnage to my rear quarter on drivers side, fender flare and tag.  Thankful just for that. A few have a lot more!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: August 24 & 25 Adventure OffRoad Park Pictures and Videos
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »
Hate to hear about carnage but it goes with the territory.  Glad blue wes and Scott were able to help out.  Everyone is responsible for fixing their own rigs but everyone in this group is always glad to help out.  Just another great thing about our club members.

Sent off camber

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »
I was there last weekend for the bounty and it was nasty. Park doesn't dry out fast do to a lot of coverage.

Take the tie rod and gently beat the bend out. Tube is hollow so it can break. If its not that bad it will be a little off but you can drive it. If you have to go so far as replacing, an option at the part store is the zj tie rod. Bigger than the tj but fits. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »
Scott, Tazman, and I did a Saturday hard ride led by BDDSI (Sammy).  Mostly we were on trail 43, the one we did downhill on Friday.  This will be an excellent rail when dry but was quite a challenge being damp.  No carnage occurred until near the top when Sammy discovered that he had severely bent an arm on his Currie anti-rock, plus sprung a leak in an elbow fitting for the hydro steering.  Got the arm removed, and he also had a spare fitting.

Then he decided to lead us on a small detour on the trail 45 loop, which has a series of tough ledges at the enty but is otherwise fairly tame.  Lots of winching ensued.  At the exit we discovered a fallen tree blocking the trail, and getting around it involved knocking down/breaking a sappling.  That's the point where I discovered that my winch would only spool out but not in.  Sounds like a solenoid issue.  After getting all of us out and back on 43, we decided to go back downhill as being without a winch on these trails is unwise.   I was backing up to turn around when I heard that SNAP sound that means trouble.

The shaft on the right rear coilover had broken off cleanly near the axle, resulting in a mangled lower spring.  The rod suddenly extending also apparently hit the brake caliper and broke its weld mount, so that the caliper was hanging down.  The brake line was intact, so I had brakes, and since I have bump stops I was able to nurse the rig downhill to the parking and get it on the trailer.

00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BigJerm

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:12 AM »
I kept a stock tie rod as a spare even when I had an HD tie rod. Figured a badly bent one would be hell on tires on the way home.

Kirk, I run this on my 8274 instead of the 4 solenoid box. I have an in cab switch though so wires were easy
http://runvacanada.com/usa/R500.htm

Sent from S3

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
Wow, sounds like a rough day.  I'm sure fun was still had.  Hope everyone makes it home without too much trouble.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
Some pictures, some videos. (1 and 3 are videos, click to watch)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
Two more videos and a picture:

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »
Ugh....

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)