BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR-FEST 2013 - DISCUSSION  (Read 29949 times)

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: GATR-FEST 2013 - DISCUSSION
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
The TJ's where busy in the hard core group......LOL
//cheers2//
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »
//cheers2//
This may indeed reflect more of a willingness to take damage vs vehicle capability.  My JKU is too nice and shiny still...
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
This may indeed reflect more of a willingness to take damage vs vehicle capability.  My JKU is too nice and shiny still...
I don't like body damage that is why my Tj is armoured.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
//cheers2//

Maybe they where a little bit more built for the trails....
There is a difference when you you've spent the money to get
your rig locked front and rear plus the right gearing and tires
it's all good
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »
//cheers2//

Maybe they where a little bit more built for the trails....
There is a difference when you you've spent the money to get
your rig locked front and rear plus the right gearing and tires
it's all good

My wallet is so light it keeps floating out of my pocket!

No since I got the 35s,  lockers and gears I really can get into a jam in a big way, its the driving that counts!
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
Any idiot can throw money into something. It use to make me laugh when yuppies would walk into my shop fresh from H-D with their new leathers,HD t- shirts, HD jeans and HD boots and pull out their new HD chain drive wallet and start talking how bad their rite off the showroom floor scooter is. They had just dropped a ton of cash or (credit) at HD and thought they were instantly a biker. Shinney new JKU,tires ,lift,lights,winch,cb doesn't make a rock crawler out of you. Seat time,trail time like a biker needs road time,makes you a rock crawler
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
Any idiot can throw money into something. It use to make me laugh when yuppies would walk into my shop fresh from H-D with their new leathers,HD t- shirts, HD jeans and HD boots and pull out their new HD chain drive wallet and start talking how bad their rite off the showroom floor scooter is. They had just dropped a ton of cash or (credit) at HD and thought they were instantly a biker. Shinney new JKU,tires ,lift,lights,winch,cb doesn't make a rock crawler out of you. Seat time,trail time like a biker needs road time,makes you a rock crawler
Totally agree Bear, but like you said, it takes time and having the rig built right costs a pretty penny.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »

Yep. Absolutely nothing like seat time

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »

Exactly... //cheers2//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

That's my problem I get too much garage time and not enough trail time //letseat//

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
Tony, you ever figure out your MIA reverse gear man?
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
Tony, you ever figure out your MIA reverse gear man?

Have not figured out the reason that R went out, only that it did and everyone I have talked to has recommended a rebuild. I ordered a HD torque converter, when that comes in the rebuild is on.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM