BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Adventure Sep 20-22  (Read 5621 times)

Offline bear991

• Visitor
Re: Adventure Sep 20-22
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Well hell I was thinking about going up rain or no rain if you guys were going to be there,but looks like I need to find something else to do now
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

dave

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
I'm going to cancel too.  hopefully next time, I won't be as busy and better weather.

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »
If this rain does not move in I'll be loading up and heading out to Adventure. Just waiting on the weather reports

Bear

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
Re:
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »
Got house burglarized...not going either.

I am evidently a beta user of Tapatalk 4 even though I paid for the software...this software is buggy.
Wait, what happened?  Was you there when it happened?  If so, did you shoot the MF's?
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

onlygoon

Re: Re: Re: Adventure Sep 20-22
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »
Crap looks like rain Saturday and Sunday. I want to do this park but not wet

damn it went from 20% to 70 % over night.....bummer.  Still going though lol //LMAO//

Well Im not going to be able to make it due to the fact that a climber of ours ( I work for a tree removal company ) demolished the corner of a house about an hour ago.... //CHAINSAW// Needless to say im pretty ticked off about it cause I have to clean up and fix his mess cause he no longer works for us.  Sorry I wont be able to ride this weekend either..../bummed

Ouch that sucks I know how that goes use to do tree removal as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
Got house burglarized...not going either.

I am evidently a beta user of Tapatalk 4 even though I paid for the software...this software is buggy.
Wait, what happened?  Was you there when it happened?  If so, did you shoot the MF's?

No one was home when it happened.  They kicked in the basement door for access.  They got all of my guns, some tools, some jewelry, some video games, a Macbook Pro, some liquor, some old car stereos that I was going to offer to GATR members (oh well), and a few glass bowls (LOL).  They didn't trash the place.  Did about $10K of insurance claim damage...based on current estimate. 

I'm securing the place now (physical, electronic, and monitoring) and guns will be on persons, once everyone is trained properly.  I'm a fan of shotguns (with birdshot) in the bedrooms for house invasion protection since they are less likely to do through-and-through on the person or a wall, which could injure someone else.

I am wide open to suggestions on what to get, what to do, and who to use for services. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

onlygoon

Re:
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:16 AM »
Did u have serial numbers on the guns?? Were they in a safe?? Well as far as the rest I would get a few cameras for the areas that u think they need them I have a friend I use to work with that does security systems

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
No serials...doh!  Ya, video camera setup is coming.  Security system is coming too...I haven't contacted anyone in that yet.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

onlygoon

Re:
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »
That sucks man on the guns

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 11:38:43 AM »
I hate a damn thief. I've put the word out around here you steal from me you don't need to worry about the police.

Bear

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
I hate a damn thief also! 

It is kind of funny regarding what I consider worth taking and what a damn thief considers worth taking.  The two things that really made me laugh (and scratch my head) were: 

1) Taking the damn kitchen bowls.  I mean, the same things are available at Goodwill for a few bucks.  Sure, if you had nothing left to grab, take the bowls, but to not grab any of the TVs, DVD players, knives, etc...//WTF//

2) The stupid poker signs on the wall.  At least they decided the bowls and alcohol were more important, but why take the signs off the wall if you aren't going to take them with you.

I know the person/people got spooked, because they left way too much stuff behind.  I'm not sure if they were inside when I pulled up (no cars around though) and that spooked them, but something had to have gotten them.  My suspicion is that it was some kids from the neighborhood behind my house and they were doing a relay event with the stuff.  I really don't know.  However, if it was the kids, I'm surprised they didn't take all of the alcohol...it just doesn't make any sense.  The pieces of this puzzle do not fit together. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BigJerm

Re:
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »

I am wide open to suggestions on what to get, what to do, and who to use for services. 

Local guy who wheels and started his own company. I would give him a serious look http://www.systematicsecurity.net/

Shotguns are a good choice and easy to use. Skip the "I am going to chamber a round and the noise will scare them away" BS and have it loaded and ready to rock and roll. That noise could be nothing more than a warning to them to get their gun ready for a shoot out in your house... I have a Mossberg 500A with an 18" barrel and adjustable back stock so that my wife and I can both shoot it even though I am a full foot taller. Shorter the barrel the better as it is easier to move inside a house but make sure its still legal. I shoot a federal round, 00 buckshot (don't remember the # of pellets) but it has a tight pack with small spread and is what most agency's use in their shotguns.

Metal basement door for sure and go around to every door and replace the strike plate screws with much longer screws. I have seen some people use a metal plate to reinforce the area where the strike plate is to make kicking in a little more difficult. Make sure all your windows, including garage doors, have curtains over them. There is no need to advertise your not home. Also, make sure sliding glass doors/window locks cant be defeated by simply picking up or pushing in. If so figure a way to block them (like a metal rod or dial rods as stops). Last keep all bushes and stuff trimmed neatly. Don't give them a good hiding spot as cars pass by

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM