BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• OFFROAD 101 CLASS: November 16, 2013

Author Topic: NOV. 16 : OFF-ROAD 101 CLASS : HOSTED BY GATR STAFF  (Read 15995 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: OFF-ROAD 101 CLASS : HOSTED BY GATR STAFF
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
I'm in. I'll bring lots of questions too.

Might be good to post up any questions prior so we can add them to the agenda for everyone in all groups to hear...
I was halfway being facetious.

I don't personally have any off the top of my head. I'm just interested to learn what everyone has to say, especially in the drivers course about picking lines.

Picking lines can be learned, but some folks get it a lot faster than others.  The ability to picture the vehicles wheelbase and width and belly clearance, moving over the rocks, step by step...  Wheel the tires on the high spots as much as possible. 

I find it much easier to spot than to try and remember what I saw that is now under my rig lol.  Need a few cameras under.

Offline LUVNMY06TJ

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Pending no issues with work, I'm in for sure. At this point 90%.
Jim

"Never leave a downed wheeler."

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:19 PM »

Might be good to post up any questions prior so we can add them to the agenda for everyone in all groups to hear...

I don't personally have any off the top of my head. I'm just interested to learn what everyone has to say, especially in the drivers course about picking lines.

Picking lines can be learned, but some folks get it a lot faster than others.  The ability to picture the vehicles wheelbase and width and belly clearance, moving over the rocks, step by step...  Wheel the tires on the high spots as much as possible. 

I find it much easier to spot than to try and remember what I saw that is now under my rig lol.  Need a few cameras under.

I've started seeing things differently after watching some of the older guys spotting others, but it's always fun to come listen and hear what everyone else has to say. I don't feel like I've ever had a problem with picking the wrong line but just things I like to learn.
Will

94 seXj

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »

I've started seeing things differently after watching some of the older guys spotting others, but it's always fun to come listen and hear what everyone else has to say. I don't feel like I've ever had a problem with picking the wrong line but just things I like to learn.

"Old" guys?

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
I think he meant veterans. Right?

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Re: OFF-ROAD 101 CLASS : HOSTED BY GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »

"Old" guys?

Hahahaha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »
I knew I was included lol

Sent off camber

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »
Damn, I could fall in that "Old Guys" category.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
Well hell, most of your give me crap about being a kid... Maybe ya'll are old! Haha
Will

94 seXj

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 06:45:48 AM »
Well hell, most of your give me crap about being a kid... Maybe ya'll are old! Haha
Keep pushing it kid!!!!
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
Not that this is related to this event in any way, but I have the two air bags out of my 98 parts XJ and haven't been able to sell them... Any interest in blowing them up for this event? Never now when you'll encounter an airbag on the trail.
Will

94 seXj

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
Would be fun but let's stay focused on the reason for the meeting.  There will be lots to do.

Sent off camber

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM