BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico Spring Fling Check-In April 3rd-6th  (Read 20310 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Tellico Spring Fling Check-In April 3rd-6th
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »
Best western? Come on man! You gotta hang out with the boys. Chris, night ride for sure!! I hope to get my rock lights up and running this weekend.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »
We will hang but I am sleeping at the BW with my wife.  ;)
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Chris Hyde

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »
If my wife would come, I'd be right there with ya Matt, lol.  She doesn't care for the tent because it doesn't have heat and electricity. LOL!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »
My wife is good as long as there is a bathroom. She loves me... or is it tolerates me. Ha!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
If I don't go to jail for burning down every Chrysler parts warehouse until I find this freakin fitting I'll see you guys there.  ;D Dealership in Lagrange has ordered 4 different part numbers and I still don't have what I need. I even had them order the entire fuel line bundle which comes with all the gas lines from the engine to the tank.... except the fitting and rubber hose that I need. I sat with them while they called dealerships and warehouses all over the freakin south east. I can't fix the other stuff wrong with my Jeep until this is fixed because the noise this is making my engine cause is drowning out the other noises that I need to pinpoint.

Sorry, my rant for the day  ;D Thought I was gonna fix it today. I'll get it fixed. Shouldn't be this hard for them to find it though. On that bundle they had an almost identical line and fittings but they were for a smaller line.  I'm gonna bump stop the crap out of that corner so this doesn't happen at Tellico. If they can't find it buy this weekend I'll rig something up and hose clamp the mess out of it. I wish I had time to search myself but I'm working almost all day each day this week. Sucks. Anyways, I'll update the situation again tomorrow night  ::)   
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline salabingperfor.

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »
Well, count me out for this one.... (Am i ever gonna get to see this place? feels like i wont)
One Jeep = $3500
Set of tires= $500
Lift= $600
Snorkel=$100
Winch=$400
Knowing i can take the road less traveled = Priceless

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
Will, I hope you find some luck out there. I have found that any dealership I have ever gone to for a part it's the same story... UUUHHH, not sure what that is. FRUSTRATING!!! Good luck!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »
Will, I hope you find some luck out there. I have found that any dealership I have ever gone to for a part it's the same story... UUUHHH, not sure what that is. FRUSTRATING!!! Good luck!

I have been there as well. Uh...Is that a factory part?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
Replaced all my evap lines last night. It would have been pretty easy... (Isn't that how it always goes?)

So here's the rundown about all the crap I've been ranting about...

I didn't have enough bumpstop in the rear (stock aluminum extensions from Full Traction lift kit) and my rear track bar bracket has been bombarding everything above it. My first real trip on rocks was River Rock last October. After coming out of the Rat Hole my gas gauge was reading full when I didn't have a full tank. It's read full ever since  :D So a couple weekends ago I slide off a rock pretty good and the track bar bracket did it's damage once more. I noticed that a fitting on one of my fuel lines was busted and proceeded to look for a replacment. Couldn't get the fitting only because it's pressed into the rubber hose from the factory. Couldn't get that one hose only because it was part of a bundle from the factory. So last night I dropped the tank and popped off all the connectors and removed all of the evap lines. The new ones popped on as easy as pie. Got to the one that broke and of course there was a problem. The line is metal going down the frame and stops just above the tank. When the track bar bracket hit it, it was almost pinched completely shut.... sucks. This is not a thin line either. So I used a punch and pushed it back open but it couldn't get it perfectly round again. I filed a little off at a time to try and get it to pop into the fitting. Apparently it must be perfectly round and of an exact diameter to fit into the o-ring in the fitting. It never actually clicked to signify that it is secure, but it's in there pretty darn good and he check engine light went off to signify that the evap system was now currectly pressurized.

Now it's time for TELLICO  ;D 

I'm gonna hocky puck the hell out of this corner until I get an adjustable track bar so this never happens again. So that's out of the way though. Glad it's over.  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »
glad you got it fixed will

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »
Yeah, glad to hear your up and running! You can pick up adjustable track bars pretty cheap nowadays. Ready for Tellico!!

RedneckRockcrawler

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
Well, My clutch comtrol unit went out yesterday so I'll probaly be screwed seeing that my tellico fund just took a hit and  now I'm doubtful that I'll be able to go so I guess take my name off of the list.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM