BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico Spring Fling Check-In April 3rd-6th  (Read 21087 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Tellico Spring Fling Check-In April 3rd-6th
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
Today I...
changed engine oil
changed gear oil
new air filter
greased the steering
tire rotation
adjusted toe-in

and then
I inspected my drum breaks and on the passenger's side all this fell on me  :o

I recall someone telling you to check the drums... ::)

You were the one who told me to check em. Thanks man!  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
Hey Krawler, I'm gonna follow you up on Friday. Unless you would rather me go to class.  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Daniel

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »
Speaking of changing gear oil, Matt how many bottles do I still have over there?  Do you remember?  I really need to do that soon. 

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »
Looks like the weather is really iffy, and it's gonna  be SLIPPERY.  Is Tellico still a go when it's wet?  If yes, which trails?

I've got as cabin at Crawford's Friday night, and he tells me there is no organized pot luck.  Everyone is own their own, BYOB&F.  I'll plan on lighting the grill and some adult beverages.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2008, 09:39:20 AM »
Speaking of changing gear oil, Matt how many bottles do I still have over there?  Do you remember?  I really need to do that soon. 
I think there is one and a half, maybee 2.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:16 AM »
Looks like the weather is really iffy, and it's gonna  be SLIPPERY.  Is Tellico still a go when it's wet?  If yes, which trails?

I've got as cabin at Crawford's Friday night, and he tells me there is no organized pot luck.  Everyone is own their own, BYOB&F.  I'll plan on lighting the grill and some adult beverages.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

The main trail that we took up (trail 4 I believe) was fine when it was wet, but still pretty fun (at least for me.) I would love to do that again and ford the creek. The main obstacles are just going to be ridiculous when it's wet so I will be taking all the by-passes if it is raining. I don't wanna break anything. 
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »
It may shower here and there, but I doubt it will be as nasty as last go round.  At any rate, the one good thing about being wet is the dust is GONE.  I hate dust and would honestly rather deal with mud.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
It may shower here and there, but I doubt it will be as nasty as last go round.  At any rate, the one good thing about being wet is the dust is GONE.  I hate dust and would honestly rather deal with mud.

There's no way it can be as bad as it was in December, so I'm fine with going. It's not gonna kill this trip for me. I'm way too excited  {toast}

So what trails does everyone want to do? Who all is gonna be there for a day ride? I'll will be following Krawler and arriving at some un-godly hour Friday morning, but at least we'll have plenty of time to set camp and plan a ride.  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
So Krawler and I are planning on getting to Tellico around or before 10:00 am, and we'd love to hit the trails soon after that. Anybody else gonna get there that early?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 11:39:12 AM »
I would love to do that again and ford the creek.  

At one time they were suppose to be building a bridge accross the stream there. Anyone know if this got done?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
I would love to do that again and ford the creek.   

At one time they were suppose to be building a bridge accross the stream there. Anyone know if this got done?

What?!? Fain's Ford? (spell) I know they have bridged some others, but I didn't think they were doing that one.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »

What?!? Fain's Ford? (spell) I know they have bridged some others, but I didn't think they were doing that one.

At one time they talked about it on Pirate. They figured thats one more place to keep sediment from getting in the stream and losing a water crossing was better than losing the whole park.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM