BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Reptar gets RIPPd  (Read 616 times)

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
Re: Reptar gets RIPPd
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
Yeah key words there are "do the work yourself"

I priced a few swaps and LS swaps started a $16k for a 5.3 and $18k for a 6.0, but that's for a new crate motor too. I would have a problem throwing a junkyard motor and trans into a brand new JK, and I am sure it would be a nightmare getting it to pass emissions "with me doing the work myself" haha

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Reptar gets RIPPd
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »

I priced a few swaps and LS swaps started a $16k for a 5.3 and $18k for a 6.0, but that's for a new crate motor too. I would have a problem throwing a junkyard motor and trans into a brand new JK, and I am sure it would be a nightmare getting it to pass emissions "with me doing the work myself" haha

Pacific fab and another on pirate make them drop in ready. They run them on an engine dino and can tune them however you want including cam. Make them emissions compliant and few wires ready to run process.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »

Pacific fab and another on pirate make them drop in ready. They run them on an engine dino and can tune them however you want including cam. Make them emissions compliant and few wires ready to run process.

That's pretty cool, but bet its $$$$$$

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »

have you seen the wiring harness for the JK?   //LMAO//

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 04:43:29 PM »
The 5.3/6.0 is one of the simplest swaps to make pass emissions, since almost all the sensors can be eliminated by the ECM.  Only the ones needed for the ECM to efficiently run the engine can throw codes.

If I wanted a V8 JK, I wouldn't buy a new one though.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »
Ask how many problem's his TJ has had since he had that guy put the FIRST v8 engine in. I think he's on his third now. Your JK is PLENTY powerful & your still running the factory power plant. This build is awesome!!! + you wont break down!!

And you have the Frankenstein XJ, no need to destroy a brand new JK. IMO
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
Ask how many problem's his TJ has had since he had that guy put the FIRST v8 engine in. I think he's on his third now. Your JK is PLENTY powerful & your still running the factory power plant. This build is awesome!!! + you wont break down!!

Are you talking about kirk? If so, that was the caddy motor with the stupid computer. The current 6.0 is trouble free.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »

5.3 XJ would be pretty sweet haha

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »
The point is not to advocate a V8 swap, just to propose an alternate to a RIPP if he wants more HP than a RIPP would yield.

There are lots of posts about how everyone wants more gearing;  everyone probably wants more HP too.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »

have you seen the wiring harness for the JK?   //LMAO//

Dont matter how complicated the factory harness is. The LS swap is still 5 wire hook up to make it run.  I will do the swap for less than 18K.   //;D//

You can supercharge a V8 TOO  //cheers2//
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Online bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »

I have done a LS swap in a DD TJ. If it is done right you will have no problem.
It has been drove everyday for almost 2 years never had a problem. //cheers2//
Marty

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM