BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Traeger Grills  (Read 1759 times)

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Traeger Grills
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 10:13:26 AM »
I'm sold on the idea of a pellet smoker and have been researching some at different price points.  I like the Recteq RT-700 and I recently have been researching this Oklahoma Joe Pellet grill.  The Oklahoma Joe has an interesting baffle system that supports both low and slow smoke as well as high heat sear at a pretty reasonable price point.  I'm going to a demo showcase this Sat to check them out. 

https://www.oklahomajoes.com/rider-dlx-pellet-grill
Did you end up going? What were your thoughts on this vs. the RT?
I did go.  For the price point and the versatility of smoke and sear, I bought the Oklahoma Joe Rider DLX.  They were throwing in some promotion items like a wrap-around stainless shelf, cover, 20lbs of pellets, and free delivery and assembly as a pre-order showcase special.  Also, had some damn good ribs, ribeye and smoked sausage off of it at the show!  It should be delivered on May 10.
Some damn nice extras! I was looking at these but the number of reviews that mention the auger were concerning. Do you know if this has been addressed or did they say anything about it?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2021, 10:55:08 AM »
I'm sold on the idea of a pellet smoker and have been researching some at different price points.  I like the Recteq RT-700 and I recently have been researching this Oklahoma Joe Pellet grill.  The Oklahoma Joe has an interesting baffle system that supports both low and slow smoke as well as high heat sear at a pretty reasonable price point.  I'm going to a demo showcase this Sat to check them out. 

I did go.  For the price point and the versatility of smoke and sear, I bought the Oklahoma Joe Rider DLX.  They were throwing in some promotion items like a wrap-around stainless shelf, cover, 20lbs of pellets, and free delivery and assembly as a pre-order showcase special.  Also, had some damn good ribs, ribeye and smoked sausage off of it at the show!  It should be delivered on May 10.
Some damn nice extras! I was looking at these but the number of reviews that mention the auger were concerning. Do you know if this has been addressed or did they say anything about it?
I asked about it and of course, they said positive things...IMO, with any pellet grill, I think the environment it stays in probably has an impact.  In my case, this will be in a covered outdoor pavilion area and not exposed to the weather directly.  So, I feel good about it.  I'll let you know. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »

perfect timing.  I am almost positive I will be hungry on May 10th!

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2021, 12:20:28 PM »

perfect timing.  I am almost positive I will be hungry on May 10th!
Give me the 10th to complete my burn in and then we can smoke something that week...  ;-)
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »
Luckily (maybe) I picked this up before I found out about the motor. Finally had some help today to put it together and going to load it down with some ribs, salmon, and wings tomorrow!
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM