OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Grillin' and Chillin'

<< < (174/178) > >>

flashover101:
I need some feedback on anyone who’s using a pellet grill. I’ve been researching some and without spending a ton of money, the Traeger looks pretty reasonable. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clark123456:

--- Quote from: flashover101 on May 14, 2019, 11:50:00 AM ---I need some feedback on anyone who’s using a pellet grill. I’ve been researching some and without spending a ton of money, the Traeger looks pretty reasonable. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
I have a buddy (high school friend) who works for Traeger...he says they are the best! (duh!).  I have had some of his cooking before at a few promotional events he's held and the grub was good, but it wasn't the same as a real smoker.

BigMike:
Smoke a butt on the BGE yesterday.  It was 7.5lbs with the blade bone in.  First time I smoked one at a really low temp - about 210 degrees.  It took 13 hours to get to 190 degrees.  Does that sound normal?  I'm thinking the BGE thermometer is off or the meat thermometer. 

Grass Janitor:
I usually count on 1.5 hours per pound at 225-250. But they’re always different and at that low of a temp I can see it taking that long. It may have just been in the stall for a good while.

tcdawg:
Sounds about right if you didn’t wrap it at the stall...which I don’t     1.5 to 2 hours a pound.

But if you wrap it at the stall it will cut a number of hours off that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version