BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JANUARY 18 2014 - N. GEORGIA FS RIDE AND DINNER OPEN DISCUSSION  (Read 51563 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: JANUARY 18 2014 - N. GEORGIA FS RIDE AND DINNER OPEN DISCUSSION
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »
Wow guys what a day.  50 rigs.  A beautiful site.  Can't wait to see photos and go pros. 

My wife, daughter, and I ask had a great time with the trails but most of all the people.  This club continues to grow and we had some really nice new folks come out for this ride.  Thanks for coming and please don't let it be the only time you join us.

I want to think my radio guys that all stepped up and helped with communications all day, especially when my tail gunner went dark with a loose coax wire and I had no idea what was happening at the back lol.
Sirius thanks to Bobby Cru9 for gunning and waiting on the ladies at every stop lol.

I would like to do this more often on a smaller scale and tie in a cookout at a pavilion somewhere.

Here are a couple of my shots...

No wait, look for the photo thread....

Sent off camber

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »
Great day, thanks Doug, Bobby, Matt and the members who helped with the ride.  It was full of great views and a great break from work.  The end of the day was awesome at Bell mountain.  Farewell to Richard heading to Phoenix and hello to some new riders.  To second what Clark said, if you liked that, you need to ride a real ORV park next, staff and club members will be there to spot you and assist.
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
Just getting home and I'm whooped but I wanted to say what a great day we had! A very smooth day and a huge shout out to Doug and all the Staff members for making this day as fun as it could possibly be. Can't wait til next month.

Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »
Great day. Good to meet some new guys. And Big thanks to everybody that helped get my junk down the trail once I snapped my axle shafts. Just got to get ready for Morris now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2014, 11:26:01 PM »
My friend Shane & I had a great time. I think he'll be joining up soon. It was good meeting a everyone for the first & second time.

Just a side note, My buddy that rode with me has been checking out a few clubs the past year since getting his FJ & said this one was by far the best.  //SLAMIN//
I have a goal of wheeling a lot more this year, so I hope to see you guys soon.

One more thing, Bell was a blast & way too short! The pictures just don't do it justice.
Perry

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2014, 07:14:15 AM »
I didn't get any pics but had a great time!!!!
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline Griffin928

• Visitor
  • 2004 New to me !!
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Thanks GATR for letting us join your ride on a chilly but beautiful day in the North Georgia Mountains. Our first trip hopefully of several, in short that was Awesome!
My wife and daughter first thank Alex for teaching us what it means and how to “Air Down”, why we should Air Down, and share his Air Down gage with us and show us how it worked.  All enjoyed the ride.  We took some pictures we will post later, but wanted to shout out a big Thank You to GATR especially Doug, for having us as part of 50 Jeep salute to North Georgia.  That was exactly what I had hoped for when I bought the Jeep.

Mossy Oak Jeep.
Rob
2004 Wrangler X

Offline Shilo

• Visitor
« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
I am the guy that was in the red YJ and I wanted to say thanks to the ones who organized this. You guys lead 50 jeeps through the North Georgia mountains with ease. You guys get a  //BEER// from me next time we meet.

Also, I got to discover some new fly fishing destinations  //letseat//
Craig

Red YJ/35"KM2/8.8/ARB/Weak CB/Useless Jack Russel

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »
I am the guy that was in the red YJ and I wanted to say thanks to the ones who organized this. You guys lead 50 jeeps through the North Georgia mountains with ease. You guys get a  //BEER// from me next time we meet.

Also, I got to discover some new fly fishing destinations  //letseat//
Glad you made it out. Come out to ride with us at one of the off road parks.
Bobby

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »
As I bid you all a farewell, I would like to leave you with a few words of wisdom. I came from the speedy compact racing car world into a much slower, steadier, and yet, still as exciting as hitting a track straightaway at 156mph. I can eagerly say, I have the "bug"!!!But to truly tell the tale as to why, I must say thanks to all of the Staff from GATR and all of the others from GATR. I was a NEWB at what many parts are on a Jeep and what the right line to take was. Although more experienced now, I still have ALOT to learn as I continue my treck westward. For all the new guys, and gals, that came out yesterday, don't hesitate to ask whatever questions you have. These guys will answer and help you out in everyway possible. Even if it means giving you a part to fix your Jeep so you can get home. And that is the brotherhood I have come to know so well here. I will miss that the most. No matter how little you know, or if you have built your own rig with your own hands, these guys will help no matter what. And you can't find that in too many places.
To sum it up, thank you Doug, Bobby, Matt, Jason, Alex, Jeremy, Danny, Allsouth, Jonathan, Tony, Bear, Dave & Kelly, Clark & Kelly, Wes, Ryan, Kent, Brant, Kirk, Mike, Jay, Thomas, Will, Jim, and the countless others that I just can't remember at 8am. Thank you.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »
Hate to see yall move away but good luck in your new future. Glad you were able to come out yesterday and AWESOME line up the v ditch at Bell yesterday. We want plenty of pics from your new wheeling areas.
Bobby

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2014, 08:47:15 AM »
Is there a way to get to the top of Bell mtn without having to go through that V-ditch? I would like to get up there but can't if I have to go thru that.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM