BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bring Back Phil Robertson!  (Read 568 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 02:43:18 AM »
I heard this in the news tonight and they quoted him comparing homosexuality to bestiality.

In my opinion he's the one that should STFU and collect the money people are shelling out. He has the right to his own opinion, but like Tony said, so does the producer of the show.

TAPATALK

I don't think he should. They put him on tv he can say what he wants. It would be no different in telling you to stop talking because you gave your point on a view.

I hate the political nicey nicey junk. Its pathetic. Its making the country weak by making everything ok instead of they way it really is. No need in covering it up and saying, its ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
Well reading the article to begin with it sounded
like the reporter had a stick up his ass.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
What is the difference in them praying at every dinner after every show. It is their Christian background, is anybody really surprised in how he feels much less what he says. It is just like the whole chick fil a thing. People need to grow the fuek up, if you choose to live your life one way there is always going to be somebody that says its wrong no matter what is actually wrong or right. I don't see any shows getting banned cause it has gays, trannies, cousin loving folks or anybody else that someone may not like. People just need to get over it if you don't like to see or read something don't look at it. Everybody will get sorted out when the time comes at the gates. Word up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

BigJerm

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
Robertson uses his free speech, no problem, says what he wants, printed in a magazine.

The owner of the TV show is excercising their free speech by deciding who can be on their show.

We all have the ability to use our free speech by posting our thoughts all over the interweb or by signing or not signing petitions.

Seems like everything is working the way it should.

Exactly how I feel but you said it so much better!

-Side note, where you at Adventure Outdoors a few weeks ago mid day on a week day? Could of sworn I saw you but I was in uniform and didn't want to look like an idiot if it wasn't you

Its like the whole ChickFilA thing... if you really truly honestly believe that the head man of a very religious down home value family that happens to have a TV show was going to support gays -OR- if you thought the head man of a religious family and a business that doesn't open on Sundays because of it was going to support gay marriage then you must have your head buried in the sand.

Never once did Robertson or Cathy say gays should be burned at the cross, not allowed to wear his shirt or use duck calls or work/eat at ChickFilA. They just don't support it and that should be ok! It should also be ok that A&E doesn't want him on their show and that gays wanted to protest chickfila, no matter how stupid we think it is. Freedom of speech works both ways

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »
Robertson uses his free speech, no problem, says what he wants, printed in a magazine.

The owner of the TV show is excercising their free speech by deciding who can be on their show.

We all have the ability to use our free speech by posting our thoughts all over the interweb or by signing or not signing petitions.

-Side note, where you at Adventure Outdoors a few weeks ago mid day on a week day? Could of sworn I saw you but I was in uniform and didn't want to look like an idiot if it wasn't you

I was. looking for a .22 handgun for Hayden.  I didn't even see you, I was deep in thought.  All you fuzz guys look alike anyway... //;D//

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:37:32 AM »

Its like the whole ChickFilA thing... if you really truly honestly believe that the head man of a very religious down home value family that happens to have a TV show was going to support gays -OR- if you thought the head man of a religious family and a business that doesn't open on Sundays because of it was going to support gay marriage then you must have your head buried in the sand.

Never once did Robertson or Cathy say gays should be burned at the cross, not allowed to wear his shirt or use duck calls or work/eat at ChickFilA. They just don't support it and that should be ok! It should also be ok that A&E doesn't want him on their show and that gays wanted to protest chickfila, no matter how stupid we think it is. Freedom of speech works both ways

I agree, but why does A&E act surprised when they knew his views going into this. What makes the gay communities views correct while making his intolerable? I dont share the same beliefs as most gays, but do I go and try to have every gay person on TV removed? NO. Because everyone is entitled to an opinion. What he did was list sins that in Corinthians. Not say bestiality, homosexuality and adultery are the same act, just they are sins. Gays dont watch the show to begin with, just like I dont watch Oprah. Dont ask the questions if you dont want the answers. Millions watch the show, Thousands dont share his opinion, so lets take it off the air. That is a BS move by a pussy corporation.  Pandering at its finest
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 09:49:08 AM »

I agree, but why does A&E act surprised when they knew his views going into this.

I AGREE completely and that's exactly what I was saying about both Robertson and Cathy. There should be no surprise at all!

Now as to A&E suspending him, its their company, do as they please. But I would assume it would have something to do with viewer base of the network (not that show) and money. If close to majority of your viewers are X then you will do everything you can to protect and keep X around knowing that the remaining majority, Y will watch anyways and you might only lose a few of them vs losing a lot of X. As always... $$$$$$$

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
He'll be back. It was probably a move to drive ratings and sales prior to the holiday. DD is currently the highest rated show on tv, I doubt A&E would seriously shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
All I have to say is PEOPLE NEED TO FRIGGIN GROW A SET AND NOT BE SO DAMN POLITICALLY TIP TOED!!!!!!!! Tired of this pansy ass society where I can't say what I want without somebody having a shiat fit. It is pathetic.  //OLDSKOOL//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »

I agree, but why does A&E act surprised when they knew his views going into this.

I AGREE completely and that's exactly what I was saying about both Robertson and Cathy. There should be no surprise at all!

Now as to A&E suspending him, its their company, do as they please. But I would assume it would have something to do with viewer base of the network (not that show) and money. If close to majority of your viewers are X then you will do everything you can to protect and keep X around knowing that the remaining majority, Y will watch anyways and you might only lose a few of them vs losing a lot of X. As always... $$$$$$$

He'll be back. It was probably a move to drive ratings and sales prior to the holiday. DD is currently the highest rated show on tv, I doubt A&E would seriously shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Exactly! This is their number one show with the highest number of viewers. Its why anyone cares about A&E. Yes they have a right to do what they want, but why not stand behind something that they knew up front was his views.  You cant tell me the majority of the people that watch duck dynasty are LGBT. This is coming from a group of bullies that do not watch his show or probably anything else on that network. I think the backlash will be greater from removing him from the air. (Hopefully the family will follow, as they think the same way he does) This is about the pussification of America and political correctness bullshit.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »

I agree with what most of you are saying, everyone has the right to say &/or believe what they want. But there are repercussions for your actions. Rather you think it's right or not, he's being bashed on every news channel nation wide!

Time Entertainment said it pretty good:
That presents a problem. Now, you’ve got an issue with those of us who maybe just want to watch a family comedy about people outside a major city, but please without supporting somebody thumping gay people with their Bible. Or a problem with people with gay friends, or family, or, you know, actual gay A&E viewers.

And, once you take any kind of action on that, you’ve got the opposite problem — with deeply religious viewers who like the Robertsons for their faith. They’re going to see it as you punishing him for saying out loud what he believes, and maybe for what they themselves believe, and what they believe is the word of God. You’re punishing him, in their eyes, for being one of them.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
Have not seen him bashed on my news channel... the #1 news channel.

I know yall are all on the vagina side of this discussion  //LMAO//

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM