BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bring Back Phil Robertson!  (Read 605 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
SIGN THE PETITION BUT READ DOWN FIRST!

https://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson

When being interviewed by GQ magazine, Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson talked about his views on a whole host of issues, including homosexuality. We call on A&E, activist liberals, and politically correct (PC) police to stand down and be tolerant of Mr. Robertson's religious beliefs, which are grounded in the Word of God.

AND I QUOTE!!

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

What you say?!

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:50:43 PM by Doug »

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Re: Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »
Maybe I'm not seeing it... Bring him back from what? Are they kicking him off the show lol?

I can't stand that show anymore, after the first season it lost it's authenticity for me. Everything seems scripted and all put on for the sake of TV. I will say that it is nice to see a show with these morals becoming so popular in our society though.
Will

94 seXj

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
I agree with him on the vagina vs anus thing. But I'm not signing any petition for him.

When I click on the petition link I don't see anything about him?

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
Maybe I'm not seeing it... Bring him back from what? Are they kicking him off the show lol?

I can't stand that show anymore, after the first season it lost it's authenticity for me. Everything seems scripted and all put on for the sake of TV. I will say that it is nice to see a show with these morals becoming so popular in our society though.

A&E suspended him for his comments about gays and lesbians, sinners, etc.  //;D//

Tony, I fixed the link.  Did he hurt your feelings?

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
Ah, well that makes more sense. That's funny.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
Never seen the show 'cause it looks stupid.

Besides, here is nothing real about reality TV.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »

A&E suspended him for his comments about gays and lesbians, sinners, etc.  //;D//

No. I don't watch the show so I don't know the guy.

I got on FB and have seen all the links. Most are saying we are loosing our free speech and this is an example. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the problem. Robertson uses his free speech, no problem, says what he wants, printed in a magazine.

The owner of the TV show is excercising their free speech by deciding who can be on their show.

We all have the ability to use our free speech by posting our thoughts all over the interweb or by signing or not signing petitions.

Seems like everything is working the way it should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »

No. I don't watch the show so I don't know the guy.

I got on FB and have seen all the links. Most are saying we are loosing our free speech and this is an example. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the problem. Robertson uses his free speech, no problem, says what he wants, printed in a magazine.

The owner of the TV show is excercising their free speech by deciding who can be on their show.

We all have the ability to use our free speech by posting our thoughts all over the interweb or by signing or not signing petitions.

Seems like everything is working the way it should.

I'm with you on this one.  I had not thought of it this way, but now I will not think of it any other way.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
I see your point and agree on the foundation

but the problem is folks that don't watch the show and have never heard of him want him removed and folks that do watch the site and love him want him returned

So should the folks that actually watch the show win

Or political correctness?

If they don't watch his show, then you aren't seeing his commercials and advertisers so STFU?

What in saying is the criers don't have a dog in the fight, so should they have a say?

It's like someone trying to shut down trails that has never left the city....

Sent off camber

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
I see your point and agree on the foundation

but the problem is folks that don't watch the show and have never heard of him want him removed and folks that do watch the site and love him want him returned

So should the folks that actually watch the show win

Or political correctness?

If they don't watch his show, then you aren't seeing his commercials and advertisers so STFU?

What in saying is the criers don't have a dog in the fight, so should they have a say?

It's like someone trying to shut down trails that has never left the city....

Sent off camber

That will work itself out. But yeah, folks that don't watch the show....definitely, STFU

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
Bring Back Phil Robertson!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »
How many viewers will the show lose?

I would even venture to say a large population of viewers don't even know what he says without subtitles.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re:
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »
I heard this in the news tonight and they quoted him comparing homosexuality to bestiality.

In my opinion he's the one that should STFU and collect the money people are shelling out. He has the right to his own opinion, but like Tony said, so does the producer of the show.

TAPATALK
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM