BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: ORV trip on Saturday  (Read 10613 times)

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
Re: ORV trip on Saturday
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »
Looking Good clark.thank for the your help today with the sw.have fun everyone at trail ride.i can't go work in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

Online Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
Can't make it, the SO had other ideas for Saturday.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: ORV trip on Saturday
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »
Well, Will and I made the trip.  Some light rain all day, but nothing too bad and just like Black Moose, the ground doesn't turn into a mud pit like Durhamtown Plantation.

I was denied on Boatramp :(  heck, I couldn't even crawl over the first rock at the entrance to Boatramp.  I could probably have hit it with speed and cleared that first rock only to become trapped on the main rock.  Oh well...maybe in the summer.

The only carnage to my knowledge was losing an inner bead on my front passenger tire about 1 hour into the ride.  I still don't know how it happened, but it was caused around the Rubicon area.  A long ass trip down the mountain to the main building, jacking the tire of the ground, and hitting it with air put the bead back on.  I believe my psi was around 10 when it happened, but I didn't check it prior to the outing.  Two things about this situation: 1) I wish I had gotten double beadlocks, without knowing the cost of them; 2) OBA may have allowed resolution on the mountain.

I got a couple of videos of Will, which I will upload later tonight.

We were the only ones I saw actively playing in the park,  but Will said he saw a couple of jeeps there...probably camping...no ducking way would I do that...39 was the high my truck registered.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
I'll toss up some good pics. Your video of boatramp is like you said, nothing really happened.

I smacked the crap out of my front axle, front driveshaft, and long arms.

Only carnage for me is that i think my t case chain is stretched out  //::)//. I have absolutely no motivation to split it open and re do that.

Me hitting the beginning of rubicon
/>
Fun day!
Will

94 seXj

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »
Well, Will and I made the trip.  Some light rain all day, but nothing too bad and just like Black Moose, the ground doesn't turn into a mud pit like Durhamtown Plantation.

I was denied on Boatramp :(  heck, I couldn't even crawl over the first rock at the entrance to Boatramp.  I could probably have hit it with speed and cleared that first rock only to become trapped on the main rock.  Oh well...maybe in the summer.

The only carnage to my knowledge was losing an inner bead on my front passenger tire about 1 hour into the ride.  I still don't know how it happened, but it was caused around the Rubicon area.  A long ass trip down the mountain to the main building, jacking the tire of the ground, and hitting it with air put the bead back on.  I believe my psi was around 10 when it happened, but I didn't check it prior to the outing.  Two things about this situation: 1) I wish I had gotten double beadlocks, without knowing the cost of them; 2) OBA may have allowed resolution on the mountain.

We were the only ones I saw actively playing in the park,  but Will said he saw a couple of jeeps there...probably camping...no ducking way would I do that...39 was the high my truck registered.

Sounds like a good day out on the rocks.

Boat ramp is just as freaking hard in the summer :) but don't let that stop you from trying.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »

Sounds like a good day out on the rocks.

Boat ramp is just as freaking hard in the summer :) but don't let that stop you from trying.

It was a good day to be out, but I'm ready for some dry and warm weather.

Oh, I'll try Boatramp in the future...being denied is just freakin' awesome 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: ORV trip on Saturday
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »

Put a few more pounds of air in the krawlers. They don't need to be that low to work. Not to mention they will start rounding off the tread real quick at very low psi.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »
Every time I have seen boat ramp success is when people hit it with speed. Sure wish I could have made the ride. Hopefully next time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

Online bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
Re:
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »
Every time I have seen boat ramp success is when people hit it with speed. Sure wish I could have made the ride. Hopefully next time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Looks like this one crawled it....

/>
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:58:32 PM by bjeep »
Marty

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »
I have seen video of people crawling it and I've seen a lot of video of people failing to be successful, even with speed.

Crawled: 
/>
Failed with Speed: 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:50:27 PM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »
Video of Will:

/>
/>
I don't have any pictures worth sharing.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
ORV trip on Saturday
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
Video of Will:

I don't have any pictures worth sharing.

Nice back beat on that first vid :)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM