BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Where to buy a non running Jeep?  (Read 630 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
Good karma!

Sent off camber

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »
That should also be a good build thread.

After the run of bad luck Ive had lately, i was due for some good luck. I'll make sure I do one here. Im just going to add to the one I had on jf, so ill copy and paste that on here. After all the tj build is a big part of this one too. My buddy actually drove the thing when he went to check it out//LMAO//. I just wanted him to look at it and make sure it wasn't ragged out. He said despite the engine noise and bad tires, it actually drove good. A/c worked as well. I actually like the fact that I can combine the best parts from both and make a good jeep. Being able to sell good parts I dont need is a good thing too. Its going to be fun, and i gotta try not to get too excited and be wrenching 10hrs at a time. Yall know how it is, when the porch light starts flashing, its the wife firing a warning shot.

I've had alot of guys ask me why the 32rh and not the aw4. I really like the aw4, and with the longer rear shaft of the LJ, it won't need a mega short sye. I have enough wrenching to do, and the aw4 would create more. My 32rh works like new, is simple, and a crap load better then the 42rle. Plus it won't cost me a thing. I like the fact that it is mechanical, with the only pcm control being tc lockup. Makes things alot simpler on a wheeling rig. I never liked the 32rh, and I had plans to swap an ax15 when buying my tj. After getting the tv cable adjusted correctly, and some clean fluid and filter, I fell in love pretty fast. The ability to hold a gear, and the function of the factory shifter helped as well. Plus when do you see a 32rh in an LJ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:08:02 PM by The_Dealer »
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Where to buy a non running Jeep?
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »

I believe it has something to do with a difference in the location the ckps mounts doesn't it? I was planning on using the complete 4.7 stroker, trans, tcase, engine harness, and pcm from my 2000.
It is more than the CKPS being in a different spot.
You will bypass all the problems by doing it the way your going to do the swap.

Congrats on the buy.
I will be interest in seeing your build thread.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM