BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tree services: Tops Industries  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
Re: Tree services: Tops Industries
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
Im out all day today running estimates.  Booked this week for cutting but have a slot open for next week atm.  Its ramping up again cause people wanna take care of their trees before another ice storm comes.  It IS gonna be a frigid winter this year.  Wyoming already has had almost a foot of snow in areas.
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »

Thats right..... I have a cannon  //ARMATA//

Started the Hot Boiled Peanuts this Sunday.  Got lots of lookers and only sold a few cups but everyone who wanted a cup of peanuts wanted tree work as well.  Who needs door knockers or canvassers when you can bring the clients to you instead  //letseat// //letseat//  We will be doing this just about every weekend so feel free to stop by and say hey.

On the furniture note,  Ive got a few pieces in the works ( slow going lots of sanding and coating, sanding and coating, oh and more sanding and coating ) but will be awesome when they are done.  One of the pieces we are working on is the stump I posted a picture of earlier ( the really big one ) which will end up as a coffee table to some lucky individual.  In october Im getting MY personal table from a 400yr old oak tree in Tucker.  ( thats what I bought the 880 for lol ).

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 10:12:05 AM »
GET YOUR HOT BOILED PEANUTS TODAY //popcorn// //popcorn// //letseat// //letseat//

Across from little river animal hospital on birmingham hyw milton ga

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »
put in your orders for coffee tables.  //LMAO//

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »
Nice

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »

put in your orders for coffee tables.  //LMAO//

Damn that's big one. What kind was it?

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »
Man thats a steal of a deal.  Almost too good to be true.  Wonder if its the home owner version or Pro.  Either way for an 880 thats a sick price. 

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »
Man, I need to get a stihl. Just don't need anything that serious.
Jay

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
Thomas, I need to talk to you about getting a few pines taken down.
Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:19 AM »
Thomas, I'll be calling you today.

Here's the deal.  I have about a 1 acre lot in my neighborhood which about a third is wooded.  There is a buffer of large trees between my house and the neighbor behind me (actually in another neighborhood).  The neighbor (really nice folks) contacted me about a couple of my trees that is close to their house.  They didn't like the look of them and some tree guy called soliciting business and asked if they had any need for tree removal.  She had him come out and boom, he said "yep, those trees need to come down".  Go figure.

Now, if the trees really need to come down, I'm all for paying to have them removed.  But if the trees are healthy and she is just worried about them, I don't care if they're cut down but I'm not shelling out $950 to ease her worries - she can pay for it. 

Really I think she initially just asked me if she could cut the trees and wasn't expecting me to pay for them.  I just didn't want to be a douchebag neighbor and expect someone else to take care of my property.

So, I'd like you to come out and tell me if they trees 'need' to come down or not.  Either way I'm 99% certainly they're coming down and since it's my property, I'll get to say who gets the job.   //cheers2//  I really want an honest opinion though.  If it is a 50/50 deal whether or not they should come down, maybe we'll just split the cost.

I'd also like an opinion on topping two trees that jussst nick my DirectV signal for one satellite. 

Anyway, long winded but I'll give you a call today. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
When I was 14, I started work at a lawn mower repair shop.  We were a Stihl (Homelite, Poulan, McCullough, Echo etc.) dealer (1977) and about every other brand under the sun.  I became a 2 cycle expert by the time I was 17.  When I quit college and moved to Raleigh, NC, I was a small equipment mechanic that transitioned into a heavy equipment mechanic that eventually transitioned into Parts and Service Manager.  One of the places I worked was at a Vermeer dealer in Cary, NC where I ran parts, service, and also did inside sales of stump grinders, brush chippers, and trenchers.  I even had my own stump grinding business that I did on the side for 3 years.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM