BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thanks guys for organizing and leading FS ride  (Read 3563 times)

fimk

Thanks guys for organizing and leading FS ride
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
This 61 year old newbie from the prairie lands wanted to offer a special thanks to all the guys that lead and organized the FS ride this past weekend.  This was only our second trail ride and it was great  //SLAMIN//.  Also thanks to the guys that offered help with the radios and those that offered advise.  You have a great group of guys. //salute// //salute//

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
Glad you joined us! We have a lot of fun so join us on another ride soon.

Sent off camber

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
Re: Thanks guys for organizing and leading FS ride
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »
Good to have you!
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
Also glad you made it out. Your jeep is gorgeous
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline slowbox

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »
Hey mate, I think I chatted with you and your wife while in-line for the pisser at our starting point. As a noob too, I can't agree more with appreciating advice and time from the experienced folks.  I respect it can be frustrating to answer the same noob questions--I work partly in networking and IT---while not exactly the same, i know patience is a tough virtue.  I'll be returning the favor by getting my upgrades thru the local sponsors when the time comes.

-tom
BLUE TACO: Tom | Ticia | Joanna (6 yr old)
2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad | General Noob

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Thanks guys for organizing and leading FS ride
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
Hey mate, I think I chatted with you and your wife while in-line for the pisser at our starting point. As a noob too, I can't agree more with appreciating advice and time from the experienced folks.  I respect it can be frustrating to answer the same noob questions--I work partly in networking and IT---while not exactly the same, i know patience is a tough virtue.  I'll be returning the favor by getting my upgrades thru the local sponsors when the time comes.

-tom

If you are having the local sponsors do the work (good stuff there), try to watch them, or at least read a few write-ups on what they are going to do (or watch some videos) so that if a part breaks on the trail you will have some clue about how it functions so you can fix it or work around the issue.  You will find that club members are more helpful if they do not perceive they are your slave/worker.

Additionally, if you see someone post they are doing a wrench day, try to show up to learn from their experience.  Plus, the sponsor usually supplies some sort of adult beverage and food.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline slowbox

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »
If you are having the local sponsors do the work (good stuff there), try to watch them, or at least read a few write-ups on what they are going to do (or watch some videos) so that if a part breaks on the trail you will have some clue about how it functions so you can fix it or work around the issue.  You will find that club members are more helpful if they do not perceive they are your slave/worker.

Additionally, if you see someone post they are doing a wrench day, try to show up to learn from their experience.  Plus, the sponsor usually supplies some sort of adult beverage and food.

Nod...I want to understand the install, not just wave a magic credit card wand.  I don't know how most mechanics feel about it, but past few years all work I've had done I insist my local guy lets me hang out and if not help, just watch.  My local shop (off hwy 211 exit 126), in return I've printed him some kick ass new business cards and designed a logo for his shop (high-res/vector quality).  Currently working on some nice stickers for their muffler/welding shop as well... I manage marketing for chateau elan, so always happy to trade know-how for know-how.

-tom

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

Nod...I want to understand the install, not just wave a magic credit card wand.  I don't know how most mechanics feel about it, but past few years all work I've had done I insist my local guy lets me hang out and if not help, just watch.  My local shop (off hwy 211 exit 126), in return I've printed him some kick ass new business cards and designed a logo for his shop (high-res/vector quality).  Currently working on some nice stickers for their muffler/welding shop as well... I manage marketing for chateau elan, so always happy to trade know-how for know-how.

-tom

SOLID!!!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »
If you ever need any help locally with something let me know. I am pretty handy with a wrench and have the resume to back it up.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline slowbox

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
If you ever need any help locally with something let me know. I am pretty handy with a wrench and have the resume to back it up.

Thanks dude for offer.  If wife hadn't told me she was pregnant today, I'd buy ya beer at jeffrey's.  I'm in mulberry park houses.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Thanks dude for offer.  If wife hadn't told me she was pregnant today, I'd buy ya beer at jeffrey's.  I'm in mulberry park houses.

Congrats!  Build it quick.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »

In that case I need to buy you a beer

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM