BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR Brew Thread  (Read 51066 times)

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
GATR Brew Thread
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »
My new favorite beer, noticed it at Taco Mac on a work outing.

http://www.redharebrewing.com/beers/gangway-ipa/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:56:01 AM by tcdawg »
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: GATR Brew Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »
The Red Hare guys are awesome people!  They took their hobby and made it a business.  A few million dollars later and they have become very popular.  If you get a chance, go there during an open house for a tour.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »
I need to try this
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
We've gone to a couple of their tastings when we lived in Smyrna. Nice people, usually good music and corn hole/bocce ball for when the weather is nice!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »
I don't care for their IPAs to much (east coast/British), but another bad ass operation is Monday Night Brewing.  They have a phenomenal setup built for massive growth (not as big as Sweetwater) and in a pretty cool building.  It is worth going to visit for comparison reasons to other micro breweries and their Scottish ale is fantastic.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
I love IPAs too.  This one for me isn't hoppy enough but I love that it's local and comes in a can.

Has anyone tried the Terrapin Recreation Ale?  It's a lower ABV so you can tip a few back and still feel good the next day.  And it comes in a can.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:30:43 AM »
I haven't had that one, but I actually like 21A Bitter American...which comes in a can.  Of course, I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...in a can too.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 05:31:29 AM »
I haven't had that one, but I actually like 21A Bitter American (low octane)...which comes in a can.  Of course, I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...in a can too.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »
That place is awesome. If you get a chance, go to the brewery on a nice sunny day. It's 10 bucks for beers, tour & the glass. They have live music on a nice patio. Yeah,  that's my favorite IPA also.
Perry

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 08:37:23 AM »
Red Hare is good stuff, and I'll jump on one as well but their IPA is not hoppy enough for me either.  They made a double black IPA that was damn good but I only had it once at some bar and have not seen it again.  They do have a very cool little joint right off Delk Road in Marietta. 

Monday Night Brewing has a cool brewery as well.  Big fan of their Double IPA, Blind Pirate.

Probably my fav local brewery is Terrepin, and I'm not bias cause its in Athens.  They have have some killer brews and they rock some seriously fun brew tastings.  As mentioned the Recreation ALE is good.  My fav is the Hopzilla but that is hard to get.  My fall back is the Hopsecutioner IPA.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
Red Hare is good stuff, and I'll jump on one as well but their IPA is not hoppy enough for me either.  They made a double black IPA that was damn good but I only had it once at some bar and have not seen it again.  They do have a very cool little joint right off Delk Road in Marietta. 

Monday Night Brewing has a cool brewery as well.  Big fan of their Double IPA, Blind Pirate.

Probably my fav local brewery is Terrepin, and I'm not bias cause its in Athens.  They have have some killer brews and they rock some seriously fun brew tastings.  As mentioned the Recreation ALE is good.  My fav is the Hopzilla but that is hard to get.  My fall back is the Hopsecutioner IPA.

Terrapin are good people, too.  Their success story, at least the version I heard from Spike on a podcast, is pretty damn awesome...in an 'eff ewe' kind of way.

If you are a beer nut, take a visit to Ashville and tour their breweries and bars.  Nice college town with a lot of craft breweries and good weather ~9 months of the year.  My favorite in Ashville is Wicked Weed.  Once Sierra Nevada and Oscar Blues get going there...it will be an East Coast beer mecca.  Georgia could have done something similar, but our laws are still too restrictive and incentives are not high enough :(
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:19 AM »
I'm with you Tony.  SweetWater used to be my goto but now it's Terrapin.  I'm a fan of the Hopsecutioner as well and enjoy most of their one-off/project beers.

Have you tried the Stone Enjoy By MM-DD-YY beers yet?  They are so good but can be hard to find.  My local growler shop had some last week and it was good!

A buddy of mine keeps telling me to get up to Ashville for the beer.  He goes yearly to some big tasting they have I think in the fall.  I will have to check that out one of these days.
Dan
2013 JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM