OTHER INTERESTS > Home brew - Craft beer - IPA

GATR Brew Thread

<< < (3/115) > >>

clark123456:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on February 04, 2014, 08:37:23 AM ---Red Hare is good stuff, and I'll jump on one as well but their IPA is not hoppy enough for me either.  They made a double black IPA that was damn good but I only had it once at some bar and have not seen it again.  They do have a very cool little joint right off Delk Road in Marietta. 

Monday Night Brewing has a cool brewery as well.  Big fan of their Double IPA, Blind Pirate.

Probably my fav local brewery is Terrepin, and I'm not bias cause its in Athens.  They have have some killer brews and they rock some seriously fun brew tastings.  As mentioned the Recreation ALE is good.  My fav is the Hopzilla but that is hard to get.  My fall back is the Hopsecutioner IPA.

--- End quote ---

Terrapin are good people, too.  Their success story, at least the version I heard from Spike on a podcast, is pretty damn awesome...in an 'eff ewe' kind of way.

If you are a beer nut, take a visit to Ashville and tour their breweries and bars.  Nice college town with a lot of craft breweries and good weather ~9 months of the year.  My favorite in Ashville is Wicked Weed.  Once Sierra Nevada and Oscar Blues get going there...it will be an East Coast beer mecca.  Georgia could have done something similar, but our laws are still too restrictive and incentives are not high enough :(

BeerIAm:
I'm with you Tony.  SweetWater used to be my goto but now it's Terrapin.  I'm a fan of the Hopsecutioner as well and enjoy most of their one-off/project beers.

Have you tried the Stone Enjoy By MM-DD-YY beers yet?  They are so good but can be hard to find.  My local growler shop had some last week and it was good!

A buddy of mine keeps telling me to get up to Ashville for the beer.  He goes yearly to some big tasting they have I think in the fall.  I will have to check that out one of these days.

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on February 04, 2014, 08:49:36 AM ---
 My favorite in Ashville is Wicked Weed. 

--- End quote ---

oh heck yeah.  They have a Black IPA that is real good.  And one called Hopburgler, interesting and good.  Ashville is a win

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: BeerIAm on February 04, 2014, 08:52:19 AM ---
Have you tried the Stone Enjoy By MM-DD-YY beers yet?  They are so good but can be hard to find.  My local growler shop had some last week and it was good!

--- End quote ---

I'm a big Stone fan, have not tried that new one yet.  Have not seen it at all.

Jonathan, I re-titled this so it is a catch all thread....good job starting this, we needed it!!!

BeerIAm:
jgerhardbomb!  Nice! 

This thread is making me thirsty.

//BEER//

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version