BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GATR Brew Thread  (Read 51138 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: GATR Brew Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Since my flight was cancelled back to the ATl today, I found myself some good beer.  First I enjoyed the Bell's Hopslam which is a nice double IPA, then I had some filler beers and finished with a Dogfish Head World Wide stout which was nice and at 18%abv was freaking strong.  Now I'm back at my hotel and I have a nice chocolate peanut butter porter to finish of the night with.  Cheers!

Hopslam is a fav.  Can be hard to find here

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 12:08:09 AM »
Yeah I had heard about it but never could find it in the stores around town.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 08:39:45 AM »
Yeah I had heard about it but never could find it in the stores around town.

My favorite Bell's is the Oracle DIPI...very hard to find around here.  When Total Wine gets it in they limit buyers to a six pack each.

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
Well many posts later, I am still drinking the Red Hare Gangway!  But I will be trying some of these.

All the snow is making me turn my thoughts to spring.  My favorite hot weather beer is Leinenkugel's summer shandy, goes down great.  Followed by the summer wheat, which has a berry flavor as well.

Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »
I believe I saw an Orange Shandy at the store the other day.  Have you tried that?
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »
I believe I saw an Orange Shandy at the store the other day.  Have you tried that?
Yes, its good, but for orange I'd go with a more conventional ShockTop.  You gotta try the summer Shandy!  No other brand has a citrusy wheat beer like this, something special in the brew that makes it pop just right, ice cold.

Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
I was at Red Hare tonight with my brew club.  I had their "Forbidden Fruit" which was supposedly a Saison style beer with apple cider, but the cinnamon was too powerful...IMHO.  Their "Trice Hopped" IPA was fantastic.  The tour guide was a member of my brew club, but I don't think we got anything special.  Be sure to check out Jessica Rabbit if you go there, which I recommend if you are in the Marietta area some time.

Someone brought a bottle of the Sweetwater Second Helping, which was the best beer I had all night.  There were, of course, some good and some bad homebrews.

Prior to going to Red Hare I met a few of the guys at a bar in Vinings called Muss & Turners.  Nice beer selection, not the typical crap at a bar, and very good burger cooked on a Big Green Egg.  Very expensive place (2 bottles of beer, bacon cheeseburger, and fries was ~$33.50, plus tip), but good food, good service, and good beer selection.  They have a room in the back, which you access through what appears to be an industrial freezer door, but is actually just a door to a hallway that leads to the back room.  Not really a speak-easy, but based on that concept.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
That Trice Hopped IPA sounds nice.  I will have to check that out.

Muss & Turners is in my neighborhood but I have never made it over there.  I need to get off the couch and check it out for sure.

I had a Terrapin Mosaic tonight and enjoyed it.  The taste kind of reminded me of tea that was hopped and in beer form.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
Not beer related:  There is a Southern cooking place near M&T that is pretty damn good too.  I have only been there once, since it isn't in my part of town, but I recall it being very good.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 11:25:30 PM »
Not beer related:  There is a Southern cooking place near M&T that is pretty damn good too.  I have only been there once, since it isn't in my part of town, but I recall it being very good.

Oh yeah that might be South City Kitchen.  I've heard of it but never been there either. 

Now I will insert a picture of beer to get this back on topic:

Dan
2013 JKU

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

I had a Terrapin Mosaic tonight and enjoyed it.  The taste kind of reminded me of tea that was hopped and in beer form.

Got a growler of Mosaic waiting for me in the beer fridge.  Looking forward to it. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
I was at Red Hare tonight with my brew club. 

tell us more of your brew club?  I use to brew but don't right now.  Plan to get back to it once I get my upcoming house sale and move out of my way.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM