BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Poll

Who do you blame for the recent "snowpocalypse" problems in Georgia?

Govenor Deal
Mayor Reed
Nobody - stuff happens
Other
Obama (everything is his fault)

Author Topic: Snowpocalypse 2014 - who's to blame? - POLL  (Read 293 times)

Offline PopTop

• Visitor
  • PopTop
Snowpocalypse 2014 - who's to blame? - POLL
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
Most of us were affected at some level - If you think some of the problems could have been prevented, who do you think was most responsible for the mess?
Kevin

"Wonder what this button does?"

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Snowpocalypse 2014 - who's to blame? - POLL
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
I wish there was an option for "Individuals" since everyone should be responsible for themselves.  The parents complaining about the school system not shutting down had access to the same information and should have had the most vested interest in protecting their kids and making the best decision. 

I was responsible for what caused me to sit in 4 hours of traffic.   //:hlp//
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
The cities and County's really messed this one up bad. They should have had sand/salt trucks going as soon as it started not 5 hours after
Bobby

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »
The cities and County's really messed this one up bad. They should have had sand/salt trucks going as soon as it started not 5 hours after

X2 //agree//
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Momus

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »
I voted "other," to encompass the governor, county governments, municipal governments, school boards, employers and drivers with inadequately prepared vehicles. I can forgive inexperience in the South; I can't forgive driving your leased BMW with summer tires when you know it's going to snow.
Greg
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
For Atlanta, the MAYOR.  He is full of BS.  He wanted al the credit in the first press conference, and then said that only the streets of Atlanta are his responsibility in the remaining interviews.  He blamed it on everyone leaving at once, just ignorant.  Clean roads would have been clear in hours.  He was having lunch with guess who, the GOVENOR whe this all went down. 

The STATE DOT/ Govenor for the Interstates.  He sat around all morning and didn't release the trucks.  The DOT guy took the fall for that later, and said it was his MISTAKE.  They also said they had moved most equipment further south.  I can see that based on the forecast days before, but when it changed the night before, move everything ASAP 7Am.  The interstates could have all been salted and sanded and would have been mostly clear.  ROME GA had no problems like ATL as they started coating roads at daylight.
This includes all STATE HWYS that are MAJOR thoroughfares across the burbs.

Most local municipality's are equipped to handle it so hard to blame them. 

Blame BUSH!  Everything else has been his fault.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »
Im on the phone so no poll but the people.  They couldn't have kept their kids from going to school and then their idiotic driving skills didnt help the situation. 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM