BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rocky Flats OHV  (Read 2882 times)

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
Re: Rocky Flats OHV
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »
I've been on some of these.  They are more my style but are mainly gravel roads with some really nice scenery.  I can't speak for all of this because I've only been on parts.

I did drive on the Amicalola Park Rd / FS 46 last weekend and it was still covered in snow (not sure if there was gravel under it or not).  I got out to where there were no more tracks in the snow where I wanted to go (and got a little nervous since it was 6pm and I was by myself with my kids) and turned around.  I think I was about where Old Bucktown and Nimblewill Gap split off.  It was a nice drive but nothing challenging.

If you go a little further on Double Head Gap and take FS 58, there is a short hike on part of the Appalachian Trail to some neat falls called Long Creek Falls.  Not usually many people back there so it's a fun drive on the FS to a nice hike.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline JeepSh

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
What road did we hit last on the January FS ride with the larger water crossing, before some went to Bell Mountain

Guado

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »
That was the Tallulah River

Sent off camber

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:57:59 PM »
Nice place to ride out there
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 11:22:23 PM »
Thoughts on Tatum Lead?

I ended up driving right past the entrance to Tatum Lead over the weekend.  Unfortunately I was in my wife's Honda Odyssey so I didn't check it out.  Although that might have been a nice challenge!  I'll go back and check it out soon as we like to go over to Fort Mountain State Park and hike around which is only about 5 miles away.

Dan
2013 JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM