BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So what do you plan to do?  (Read 868 times)

BigJerm

So what do you plan to do?
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
If gas reaches the $4 rumor price? I am curious to see what people like us do who drive 4x4's with big tires. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of used 4x4's on the market by end of summer if prices get that high.

For me, if my commute remains the same, the Jeep might have to get traded. I cant afford a DD right now. BUT megan and I have been talking about moving over on this side of town and the places we like are under 11 miles from my work and a few are 3 miles or less from my work. So at 3 miles... I can afford the gas, at 2 miles... I might seriously look into getting a bicycle for the nice days!

So what say you? Are you just gonna deal with the prices? Hope they dont get that high? Hope prices go back down quickly? OR can you afford a DD and if so  nln

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Re: So what do you plan to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
Good question....I get like 10 to 12 mpg but i dont drive but 10 miles a day so it isnt bad.  Molly has a honda so it gets great mpg.  Whoever has to drive the shortest gets to drive the jeep nln  I am hoping to get a work truck with my coop.

Offline jneal

• Visitor
    • my rides
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »
I plan on scooping up a Tahoe for cheap as a tow rig.

<10 miles to work for me too. :)
Thanks
J Neal
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jnealg

twitter- arfan

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »
right now im getting about 11.5 mpg mixed driving, worse if stop and go traffic and my Commute is 25 miles a day and 2 days a week its about 35 miles with school. I am filling up atleast twice a week, more like 2.5 times a week right now and its a full tank to go to Columbus and back. Thank god megan is graduating school in May and moving back up here! That will save atleast 2 tanks a gas a month. She said her Liberty is getting around 21 mpg currently so I might be like Alex and whoever drives the shortest drives the Wrangler.

I have heard a regear will help mpg but I am not sure I can justify the price tag of a regear just to gain 5 or 6 mpg...

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:22:41 AM »
I sold my hardtop and bought a 97 mazda protoge for my dd and gets about 30mpg. I DO NOT WANNA HAVE TO SELL MY JEEP BECAUSE THE TOWEL HEADS WANT MORE MONEY.
Don't know what I got anymore...

fatrat

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
I have company provided QT and Shell gas cards!

We get paid car allowance on top of the gas card and the worse the gas mileage, the lower the car allowance.  Right now I get the high car allowance since my Taco is rated at 15mpg per fueleconomy.gov but I am sure my boss will question my gas mileage if I put on bigger M/T's.  But I will probably just have DD wheels/tires and then trail wheels/tires.

WranglerV8

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 12:47:31 PM »
I have my Jeep and a Z-71(stock).The Jeep gets about 12-15mpg and the truck gets 15-17mpg.I may end up having to sell the Jeep and get one of those 40mpg Mahindra trucks. :D

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »
I sold my hardtop and bought a 97 mazda protoge for my dd and gets about 30mpg.

I will probably be going this route. Ive been all over Craigslist and you can find some Honda, toyotas, Mazdas and Hyundais around 130k miles and a price of $1000-1500 still running and working. I would of coarse request an emissions before I bought. If the car cant pass emissions then I dont want it. I have emailed a few people and have sent a message to my friend who deals cars. All I want is a simple beater but it has to have A/C. Manual locks, windows and transmission doesnt bother me at all nor does body condition. I have AAA so if one day it craps out im not completely screwed and I will have the Jeep.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 01:02:16 PM »
I'll sit my butt at school and never go home. I'll have to save my gas for trail rides.  :o
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »
Well, weather should be turning nice. I'll be riding my bike  a lot. It gets 40 mpg and hauls ass.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
So far, I walk to school and only drive around town and the 200 miles home. I'm thinking that if I can convince myself to save some money for non Jeep parts, I might look into an 80's Honda XR450-650 dual sport. Cheap dirtbike with great gas mileage.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
Drive the old ladies Escape and start saving my pennys for an old GA Power truck and a car trailer like I want  ;D
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM