BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sept 11 2009 Tellico Vets Ride  (Read 7413 times)

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
Sept 11 2009 Tellico Vets Ride
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
http://wheelersforthewounded.org/
Theres a guy building a jk for the purpose of getting wounded soldiers out of their recovery environments and out camping for the weekend...he's planning on touring the US trail riding all over the place and plans on being in Tellico for the Sept 11th weekend. So...
I've got a chance to help organise a trail ride weekend for wounded/recovering vets and it happens to be Sept 11th weekend...triple cool by me cause I'm a vet, I feel like Sept 11th should always be remembered/memorialized and I'd love to take some of the recovering soldiers out to enjoy the trails...I dont know how many GI's we'll get to come trail riding....but camping for the weekend celebrating their efforts...probably camping at Crawfords...I dont know though...depends on the number of GI's I guess. Anyone want to take some guys out for a ride that weekend?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:02:52 AM by yellowxj »
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline jneal

• Visitor
    • my rides
Re: Sept 11 Tellico Vets Ride
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:07:12 AM »
+1 to karma

I'll follow the schedule they have listed. Maybe I can find a few squids to pal around with and make fun of the jarheads. Who knows, I might even find a fellow desert storm vet.
Thanks
J Neal
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jnealg

twitter- arfan

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:30:56 AM »
I would like to help but not sure if my Jeep would be worthy of this kind of stuff. I got a feeling their will be alot of dedicated trail rigs that can do extreme things and make it fun for the troops where mine is more of a moderate rig that I have to drive home at the end of the weekend. I know some of the hard stuff will probably still be closed in September so I guess ill play it by ear. I would want to be locked in the front atleast.

Not to mention... I could only really carry one passenger so not sure if that would be real helpful?

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:23 PM »
I dont know. I'm rolling out with 31's on my xj and 35's on the wifes....even if I dont try guardrail or something like that I"m pretty sure I can winch through the bypass...if we even go there...I'd like to take a load of them to beasley first so they can get their intro to trail riding.

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »
I've got open seats if my rig is appropriate for the trails that are choosen.  I'm also going to see what we can do to help prep the JK. 

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »
so the tellico trip wont happen until Sept. 11 2009 right? I was reading the link and it says it will begin April 4-5 2009.... If thats the case... by that time my JK should be decently built and be able to provide a good time for atleast 1 passenger. O and I have no problems going doorless!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
Add me to the list. I am all for showing respect to our vets! They deserve it!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
so the tellico trip wont happen until Sept. 11 2009 right? I was reading the link and it says it will begin April 4-5 2009.... If thats the case... by that time my JK should be decently built and be able to provide a good time for atleast 1 passenger. O and I have no problems going doorless!
;D I keep forgetting that its so far away. I wish it was this year....maybe I jumped the gun a bit asking for people to go riding so early :)
But I've got a lot of organizational work to do before hand....its good to know how many people are interested in helping though

Chris Hyde

Re: Sept 11 2009 Tellico Vets Ride
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem, but I will let you know around August of 2009.  ;D

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 12:34:15 PM »
I made this thread a sticky so it wont slip off the radar in the next year. This gives people more than plenty of notice and it will provide yellowxj a place to keep us updated

Diehard

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »
I posted a few pics of Tellico,of course my Jeep and I, and a couple other Jeeps. I also received a reply from Jason who was really excited to see someone with a [dis]ABILITY, even though I'm not a Vet, that wheels. He thinks it will be a big help to some of the others who will be attending. Look forward to being there.

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 05:11:47 AM »
I'll keep an eye on this one. I am interested in participating....

Former Army here.
'07 Unlimited Rubicon.. aaaalllll black, baby!
'98 ZJ converted to 4wd w/5.5"& 33s, '90 Geo Tracker 5" susp/b.l. & 30's
"People Eating Tasty Animals" -bumper sticker on a Chevy
ZJ 2wd->4wd Conversion,CJ5(the one we sold),MY MSN PAGE,Death Wobble

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM