BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody going to AMS this weekend?  (Read 583 times)

RotorHead

Anybody going to AMS this weekend?
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »
Well, I made a last minute decision to take the family down to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the NASCAR races this weekend. We're going to drag the camper down and crank it up.  ;D

Anybody else going to be there?

BigJerm

Re: Anybody going to AMS this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »
wish I was... I always enjoy the AMS track.

fatrat

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
That sounds like fun!  I haven't been to a NASCAR race in about 5 years.

Offline jneal

• Visitor
    • my rides
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »
I dont know if ATT is giving us tickets yet or not. I've been to most every race since 1979. I go at least once a year.

A piece of advice... get to the track early on the day they allot camping spaces. they run about $200 I think now and sometimes there is a foot race for the choice spots. It may not be that bad for the spring race but I have seen it happen.

Sat night is a huge party if it is warm. If you are parked on one of the main roads it is much like mardi gras. Don't expect to get much sleep there. The beads will be flying as much as the beer.

If I go I'll wave to ya from the ATT suite! free liquor and food all day!
Thanks
J Neal
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jnealg

twitter- arfan

RotorHead

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
I dont know if ATT is giving us tickets yet or not. I've been to most every race since 1979. I go at least once a year.

A piece of advice... get to the track early on the day they allot camping spaces. they run about $200 I think now and sometimes there is a foot race for the choice spots. It may not be that bad for the spring race but I have seen it happen.

Sat night is a huge party if it is warm. If you are parked on one of the main roads it is much like mardi gras. Don't expect to get much sleep there. The beads will be flying as much as the beer.

If I go I'll wave to ya from the ATT suite! free liquor and food all day!

Yeah, camping has gone up for reserved camping, but the general admission camping is only $60. I'm dragging the camper down tomorrow to drop it off. This makes about 10 or 12 races at AMS for me. I've been to a few other tracks too. Atlanta always has an awsome race and there's really not a bad seat in the house since they reconfigured the track a few  years back.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
Sounds like fun.

WranglerV8

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
I've got tickets to both races(four for Sat and two for Sunday) but I all my buddies flaked out on me.The Mrs. is 7 months pregnant so I don't think she'll have much fun.I'm trying to find someone to make the trip with me.

WranglerV8

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
Rotor,
are you still going? it's going to be freezing Saturday and raining today.I am still debating.anyone want a free ticket to Saturday's race? Champions grandstand sec. 234 row 41.

RotorHead

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »
Hey V8,

Yup, I'm still going. My camper is set up in the private lot across from Elliot Grandstand (old East turn). Look for me or give me a call on my cel. It's listed in the phone numbers thread. I'll be leaving here in about an hour. Tomorrow's gonna be windy and cold, but Sunday should be decent.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM