BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gulches weekend ride - 3/22-23  (Read 4571 times)

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Gulches weekend ride - 3/22-23
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »
Love that color!  Whats the story on that rear led bar?  What is it meant to do?
Blue Wes

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »
Love that color!  Whats the story on that rear led bar?  What is it meant to do?

It's part of the brake lights for racing. The ones up top and the ones in the tub are brakes lights. The single blue light is a running light. As long as the rig is running it's on. There are 2 white lights are back up lights. They don't work with the transmission but off of a toggle switch. I wanted it that way so if I was backing up in the dark I can see behind me. It has rock lights and interior lights. I'll have light bar soon for it, but just spending too much to get it ready to race this weekend. The shake down exposed a few issues and of course that junk cost money.  //:hlp//
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
How are the tires compared to your reds?
Will

94 seXj

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Gulches weekend ride - 3/22-23
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 11:13:06 AM »

They dig and will sling mud like crazy. Easy to clean. They have a tuff sidewall compared to a red. For a true comparison I need somewhere where its a bit drier. They hooked well in the slop though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »

They dig and will sling mud like crazy. Easy to clean. They have a tuff sidewall compared to a red. For a true comparison I need somewhere where its a bit drier. They hooked well in the slop though.

How are they on rocks? Need to heat them up any?
Will

94 seXj

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

I didn't while i was there. After they break in they will do even better. Sunday I took them low into the single digits and drove around the neighborhood to flex the side walls more. No excessive chuncking.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline reallifedog

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »
awesome pics, thanks for posting!

That buggy is nuts!
Jordan

92 4Runner SR5 stock for now

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
awesome pics, thanks for posting!

That buggy is nuts!

Appreciate it.

Come to Durhamtown on Saturday to watch it race.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »

I didn't while i was there. After they break in they will do even better. Sunday I took them low into the single digits and drove around the neighborhood to flex the side walls more. No excessive chuncking.

You like these better than the reds?

Reds would be perfect out west, just too much mud/ moisture here.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »

You like these better than the reds?

Reds would be perfect out west, just too much mud/ moisture here.

After one day I'm not sure. I feel like I will. So many people are getting rid of the reds because of their sidewalls, at least in racing they are. These tires are tuff. Spoke with one guy that ran KOH main event on the same 4 treps.

Reds suck butt in the slop. They are next to useless, but the treps will eat all day. Reds considered the best for pure rock but you can cut one easily. BFG has made a new set of  race tires that have the same tread design and rubber but with the tougher and smooth side walls. Smooth side walls will keep the tires from wanting to climb out of the ruts.

I don't think owning a set of reds over treps in the pure rocks would make a night and day difference. They will probably be spot on.

At the end of ship wreck when I was done being stupid on the left side of the big rock, I lined up straight, and added the gas and up it went up the first time.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM