BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Brakes on the JK  (Read 392 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Brakes on the JK
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Caliper upgrades are a bit more involved, but rotor upgrades are simple.  Schedule a wrench day for this, when you feel you need to do it, and someone will be available to supervise you doing the work.  It really is so simple a liberal could do it.

maybe when time gets close to a big core ride.  harlen or gulches or something, i can bring the rotors and pads and just do it at night after the ride is done?  maybe.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
Caliper upgrades are a bit more involved, but rotor upgrades are simple.  Schedule a wrench day for this, when you feel you need to do it, and someone will be available to supervise you doing the work.  It really is so simple a liberal could do it.

maybe when time gets close to a big core ride.  harlen or gulches or something, i can bring the rotors and pads and just do it at night after the ride is done?  maybe.

Yep, time it around the adult beverage consumption carefully, but that should not be a problem to get done.  If Wes can change out ball joints in 3 hours on the side of a mountain, we can do brakes at camp in about 1 hour...even doing shots in between the beers.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »

Yep, time it around the adult beverage consumption carefully, but that should not be a problem to get done.  If Wes can change out ball joints in 3 hours on the side of a mountain, we can do brakes at camp in about 1 hour...even doing shots in between the beers.

I will bring the shots, if you guys direct me.  I may have to wait on my shots till after its done.   lol    it will be mostlikely on a later outing, maybe harlen or garfest/gulches the pads look ok for now
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 04:53:27 PM »
Yep, until they squeal, or you squeal, just don't mess with them.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 08:11:29 PM »
I got in a wreck last fall because I couldn't get my JK to stop.  Not sure if something failed (felt weird) or it was me missing my Brembos from my previous car.  At the time, I had looked at upgrading the rotor size to the Teraflex 13.3" rotors but decided to wait until I actually need brakes.  Has anyone upgraded their rotor size from the factory one?
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Brakes on the JK
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
I didn't get in a wreck to force my upgrade, but I nearly became one with my seat one morning...that convinced me to do the brake upgrade and to give more room.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM