BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New ORV park coming soon.  (Read 984 times)

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
New ORV park coming soon.
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »
Golden Mt. ORV is well on it way to opening. I have wheeled with the one of the owners, maybe both I forgot to ask who the other partner is.  I have been sitting on the information for a few days till I got the ok to spread the word. So here is his post from another site.

"""I have been in negotiations with a land owner and a partner to open an off-road park. We have finalized the deal and are now ready to start preparing the property to open. It is the old Golden Mountain Raceway and Park along with around 400 acres of the surrounding hills and hollers. Some of you local to the area may remember the park from when it was open several years back. Everything is still there and most of it is still in good shape. We have several pavilions...one with restrooms, concessions and a huge field-stone fireplace...a full playground for the kids, basketball court, two volley ball courts, horseshoes, put-put golf (needs a little work),two lakes, a baseball field, bumper boat area, go cart track, the dirt track arena, a motor cross track, camp ground with grills at each site, and probably a few more things that I can't remember. Some of this will be available when we open and some may be available at a later date. The trails will be stock/easy, more difficult, most difficult, all the way up up to bring your lunch and plenty of spare parts and then the soon to be famous bounty hill (so far...bounty hill 3/drivers 0) There are several easy trails and we have cut a few for almost any challenge level already. Over the next few months we will be marking and clearing trails in preparation of opening the gates to the public. Anyone that would like to help is more than welcome and any help is appreciated. Nick Cooper and Ryan Brogden came up and checked out some of the park facilities and helped us finish out a trail today (thanks guys) The way we have worked it so far is we meet at the park, do some riding, check out the facilities, cut a trail and then ride it. I will be marking and clearing some trails through the week and on the week-ends if the club or anyone wants to get involved. We hope to turn this into something everyone can enjoy and have fun with from the stock rides to the custom buggies to the wives and kids that a full day of trail riding might not be their thing."""

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6337+golden+mountain+rd+38583&sll=36.022939,-85.489638&sspn=0.001011,0.001864&ie=UTF8&ll=36.016338,-85.481186&spn=0.064703,0.119305&z=13

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:00:27 PM by lt99ls1 »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: New ORV park coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »
Sweet. I havent clicked the link yet but were is it located?

Edit: Sparta, TN,   north of chatanooga, west of k-ville.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
more pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:45:20 PM »
That place looks fun, I wish it was closer though, 5 hours for me. I just need to take a week off and tour the North Alabama and Tennessee ORV parks.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
That place looks fun, I wish it was closer though, 5 hours for me. I just need to take a week off and tour the North Alabama and Tennessee ORV parks.

Let's do it  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
It would be pretty sweet, and if we wait until I sell some Mustang junk and get a truck and a trailer we could split gas and tow both Jeeps.
- Jimmy

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
It would be pretty sweet, and if we wait until I sell some Mustang junk and get a truck and a trailer we could split gas and tow both Jeeps.

Let's do it. I'll have money over the summer. Best believe I'll be riding a lot. My dad is getting an older f350  soon cause his F150 V6 is about to give out after towing a 3 horse trailer for 5 years. If I could fit the Jeep in that thing I would have done it already  :D I can try to talk him into letting me use his for a couple of weekends, but I'm not sure. He would need something else to drive.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
ive seriously given thought to an idea like this... a day at beasley to tellico to aetna, grey rock, morris mountain and then down to River Rock and bring it on home... Problem is the private parks are usually only open on weekends. I did think about take the week right after my birthday off and go up to Tellico (march 31st) but I got classes and a trip to Savannah at the end of that week.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
why stop there lets drive out to the Rubicon 8)
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 02:40:39 PM »

i would love to but dont think I could afford the trip

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

i would love to but dont think I could afford the trip

Yeah, a trip to the 'con is 2631 miles from my door to the trailhead. At 14 miles to the gallon thats 188 gallons, which is  9.4 tanks, and at $60 a tank thats $564 in gas.....each way. Plus, I'd want to stop at Moab, JV, and a ton of other places on the way.
- Jimmy

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
This is pretty sweet, just under 2 hours for me.

And Will and Jimmy, if ya'll do this big trip, let me know. There are several good places up here.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM