BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Aetna Meeting for Saturday  (Read 12623 times)

Chris Hyde

Aetna Meeting for Saturday
« on: March 10, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
How about 8:30am at the McDonalds at the Browns Ferry exit (Exit 175) off I-24 West?  We can grab a bite, fuel up, pack coolers and be at the trail head and ready to roll out by 9:30.  Chime in.

Here are directions for those who haven't been:

Take I-75 North across the GA/TN state line and proceed to the I-75/I-24 split.  Take I-24 West towards Nashville.  Once you wind around the river on your right, you will get off at Browns Ferry Rd. Turn left and you will see the McDonalds and gas station on your left.

If you don't want to meet at McDonalds, just keep past McDonalds about a mile and you will come to a traffic light.  At the light, you will stay straight, which will put you onto Wauhatchie Pike.  You will go about a mile and turn right onto Cummings Rd.  Follow Cummings Rd. about 3/10 mile past the I-24 bridge and you will turn left into (what looks like) a new subdivision with no houses.  You will follow that drive up and around a small "round about" and come to the top of the hill and turn left onto the gravel road.  About 500 yds up is where most people unload and it is obvious when you get there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:21:53 PM by Chris »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Aetna Meeting for Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Jerm, we should meet up about 6:15 at the BP. Should give us time to grab a biscuit at the MD.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »
Also, unless you guys want to go through hellacious mud, I am going to take us around the mud.  Right now, the mud is about 2 feet deep on the main trails.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:09:41 PM by Chris »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »
around is good for me.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »
Ill be there a little before 6:15 then matt.

Chris, I am good to go on the idea of avoiding 2ft deep sticky mud holes.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »
Depending on the weather for this weekend... they show rain fri and sat, I may head up with you guys Sat. I am still planning on heading up friday but I don't feel like camping in the rain. If anyone is heading up friday let me know and we can group up. If raining I will see you guys Saturday at the meet point!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »
last i checked they are still showing 60% Thunderstorms both Friday and Saturday for the area. I wont make a call till friday, I want to go off road!

Chris Hyde

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
Depending on the weather for this weekend... they show rain fri and sat, I may head up with you guys Sat. I am still planning on heading up friday but I don't feel like camping in the rain. If anyone is heading up friday let me know and we can group up. If raining I will see you guys Saturday at the meet point!

Rain or shine, I will be there.  I will just be going around all the mud holes.

Daniel

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
last i checked they are still showing 60% Thunderstorms both Friday and Saturday for the area. I wont make a call till friday, I want to go off road!

Well go!  What's a little rain gonna hurt?  It couldn't be worse than Tellico or Morris Mountain.  Which in my opinion, MM wasn't bad, I got to do some riding which was the whole point of me going there.  And since Aetna is my favorite place we've been to, I'm gonna be there. You said yourself, you've got a winch now, so.. no worries.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »
There is a nice dry bypass for the one huge set of mud holes. I used it last trip out on the 2nd.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 12:03:32 PM »
If anyone wants to preorder decals for aetna, you can save on shipping. Just let me know.

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM